Chromecast support!?!?!

though

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all-

I love this software but wish it had chromecast support like tinycam monitor. any chance it's in the works??

thanks!

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does, i use it to send a feed to my tv so i can quickly switch between hdmi inputs to see my cameras.

On your phone, select from the chromecast app to cast the screen, then load up blue iris.

though

n3wb
Reaction score
that works as a work-around, but i am talking native support.

It does, i use it to send a feed to my tv so i can quickly switch between hdmi inputs to see my cameras.

On your phone, select from the chromecast app to cast the screen, then load up blue iris.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh ok... would be nice, but not so much of a hardship to fire up the chromecast app.

though

n3wb
Reaction score
well, actually it is. it renders your phone useless (can't browse web, can't make calls, can't text, etc, etc otherwise you lose the chromecast monitoring. if it was native, you can cast the camera and use your phone like normal.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good point :) I only use the phone to cast, and have another phone to use as an actual phone so never really thought of that. Your battery won;t last very long casting though, better make sure you sit near a socket :)