Cisco settles VMS vulnerability lawsuit

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow.....scary. Thanks for this.

On another note, I noticed further down on that page an article entitled "Everything Cops Say About Amazon's Ring Is Scripted or Approved by Ring "

IMO, Amazon is getting a little too big....creepy big. At this rate they'll soon go toe-to-toe with Google and one will try to takeover or buy the other. Such large egos cannot co-exist peacefully. And ever since the FTC stood by and sat on their hands and allowed AT&T to acquire DirecTV, I'm reasonably sure it will happen...it's just a matter of time.

We'll have a front row seat to a real-life, private-sector version of "1984".

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
While Glenn reported the issue, he was laid off five months later; he realized in 2010 it was never fixed and informed the FBI.
Glenn will receive around $1 million of the settlement payout,
That's good that he finally gets a reward for doing the right thing and presumably suffering as a consequence.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wow. Ring is slimy in their tactics with law enforcement! Our local agency has a program where you can register your cameras so if something happens in your area they can send a notification to voluntarily check your video. But the way ring is trying to backdoor everything and use LE as sales reps is dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk