Claim: Jaywalk in China + Facial recognition = Fine to WeChat 20 sec later

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Jay walked in China, Facial recognition ( probably + cell phone to confirm as Facial recognition is not perfect imho ), + mobile payment = jay talking fine to wechat 20 seconds later

see 5:35-6:00

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
..seems like it won't be long before we get our version of this.
There are already stories about people getting speeding tickets based on less time taken between toll gates.. and of course, I had a ticket sent to my house passing through an unmanned tollbooth without proper change.. but that was years ago.
What started out as traffic cams to monitor traffic on busy highways already spread to every local street light in many areas. They just haven't started issuing tickets for running a red etc., but I am sure that's coming very soon..

It's not anyone's fault but (dare I say) our own, the people, gullible enough to believe and fall for all sorts of manipulative schemes.... threat levels and their colors from bush era anyone?

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the "Sheldon Cooper defense" is, amusingly enough, the reason.

In the show "The Big Bang Theory", Sheldon, having been issued a ticket for running a red light by a camera, asserts that it is a violation of his 6th amendment right to be "confronted by the witnesses against him".

It may well be that this is one reason why traffic camera evidence alone may not be enough to convict someone. The founding fathers were some seriously sharp guys! Bravo.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think the "Sheldon Cooper defense" is, amusingly enough, the reason.

In the show "The Big Bang Theory", Sheldon, having been issued a ticket for running a red light by a camera, asserts that it is a violation of his 6th amendment right to be "confronted by the witnesses against him".

It may well be that this is one reason why traffic camera evidence alone may not be enough to convict someone. The founding fathers were some seriously sharp guys! Bravo.
And I thought it was because some big wig had the pictures of himself driving about town with his mistress send with the citation to his home where his wife opened up the mail...