Clare Doorbell Camera

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyone picked this device up? I downloaded the app to see what it looked like and it is identical to the iVMS app. It picked up my Hik Canberra’s easily. Wondering if that means the stream from the doorbell will show up with the rest of my cameras.

Attachments

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
anyone picked this device up? I downloaded the app to see what it looked like and it is identical to the iVMS app. It picked up my Hik Canberra’s easily. Wondering if that means the stream from the doorbell will show up with the rest of my cameras.
Whoa, this is interesting doorbell camera if it works with Blue Iris.

If anyone gets this device and can show some videos at night time, that would be awesome.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
this is the same product as the hikvision doorbell...which will also be rebranded by lts for $169 msrp...

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks man! I’ll ceetainly do that. I have a Ring Pro and am very interested in the sd card option.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ring Pro, you have to pay 3X$/year. and record motion only to cloud server. if I remember correctly.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are correct. That’s exactly why I’m interested in this new doorbell cam. Should be here by Monday so we will see!

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Up and running. I’ll play with it for a week or so and see how it goes. So far, there are a few obvious things

Pros:
No monthly storage fee due to Microsd card
Sound is very clear and the volume is much higher than my Ring Pro
I can run the stream through iVMS
Video quality is pretty good

Cons:
2.4ghz only and no poe
So far I’ve had a 50/50 return on night vision. Maybe my transformer isn’t sending enough power.

So far it works with the ClareVision+ app and Hik-Connect. I put all of my cameras into the Clare app but when I turn motion notification off, it shuts down the motion detection. Not sure how to fix that.

83466CF7-59CF-4E7F-987E-69569990D9B5.png

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah. I think Skybell has a better view. I waited for the Slim model to come out but they seem to be exclusive to Alarm.com owners.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Without the porch light on, it’s impossible to see because it looks just like the picture above. Interestingly enough, the doorbell does ring. However, it’s causing the door chime to buzz slightly. Also, the camera feed has a weird sound, sort of like interference.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
C4992DFB-22D6-4A66-81B4-A255F8009C87.jpeg 9C157AE0-49E5-451F-BAFF-B58CD8496543.jpeg CA60EC74-EB1E-47D4-A2E0-D5B92E29425D.jpeg The view with the porch light off, there is distortion and a weird mark in the middle of the lens.

Turn the porch light back on and the mark in the middle stays for a while.

After about twenty minutes, the spot goes away if the porch light stays on.