Clinton VF1000ir

Kaos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the DIY security cameras and recently installed 3 wireless FOSCAMS (2 Outdoor and 1 Indoor). I went wireless due to the distance between the cameras and my house. I used a Ubiquiti M2 to give me access to the cameras. No real problems so far and having fun installing and configuring these things along with Blue Iris. Although these cameras seem to be working fine I can see in the future I will want to upgrade to something else. I've seen a Clinton camera system installed and it appears (from the ground looking up) that is a wired camera connected to a wireless repeater?
I did a little research on these and can't find a whole lot on the repeater thing. Just curios if anyone here uses anything like this. Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. That camera is analog, so the box is a wireless transmitter...what you need is a wireless bridge to accomplish the same thing with an ip camera...for indoors they are really cheap...
Im not familiar with the wifi options because i use wired only, but i believe that some of the ubiquity units can even provide poe to the camera..

Kaos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hadn't thought about it being analog.
Thank you.