Clip Alerts

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you get your video CLIP ALERTS to go back more than a hour and a half? Mine used to go back a full 12 hours. Now I have to go to the time line to look at the alerts going back more than a hour and a half. Pain in the rear!

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I the only one having this issue? I also have to click on the calendar everyday to click on the current days date. It used to advance the days automatically everyday in CLIPS.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On Blue Iris Options > Clips and archiving, if you look down at Folders and click on Alerts, do you have either Limit Size (GB) or Limit clip age set to where that could be cutting things short?

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply aristobrat. I had it set for 45 days and 1.7 GB. I doubled it to 3.9 GB. We'll see if that helps.

Thanks again,

Rick

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No problem, curious to see if that helps. IIRC, that folder is unique in that it doesn't contain recordings, just hi-res thumbnails, and only if you have that feature enabled on the Recording tab on one or more cameras.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aristobrat, well, that did not work. Maybe I have a corrupt install. I think there is a way to do a repair from an install file. Can't remember how though.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On mine, I can go to Add/Remove Programs, double-click on it, ... click Modify, and then there is a repair option. I think I've read where you can download the latest installer directly from the BI website and run that.

Might be worth repairing the database, too? If you right-click in BI in the Clips area, there should be a Database > Repair/Regenerate option.