Clip Storage Allocation showing '?' on LOCAL disks

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I had the trial, everything worked "well" to fine/perfect.

Purchased the licensed, added more cameras, fiddled with settings including trying to add networked drives. Record Button ended up being "Greyed" out and unable to record, even with CONTINUOUS (which is what I want). Switched everything to local drives, still greyed out. Couldn't figure it out.

Resorted to UNINSTALLING and REINSTALLING the app.

Now record is NOT greyed out. Put my local drives back, and the Clip storage Allocation showing '?' and "over allocated" for everything. LOCAL EFFING DRIVES! E: and F:.

Did NOT have this problem with the trail.

Any takers?

Also noticed this is new too (Ram and CPU showing 0%/0k)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I had the trial, everything worked "well" to fine/perfect.

Purchased the licensed, added more cameras, fiddled with settings including trying to add networked drives. Record Button ended up being "Greyed" out and unable to record, even with CONTINUOUS (which is what I want). Switched everything to local drives, still greyed out. Couldn't figure it out.

Resorted to UNINSTALLING and REINSTALLING the app.

Now record is NOT greyed out. Put my local drives back, and the Clip storage Allocation showing '?' and "over allocated" for everything. LOCAL EFFING DRIVES! E: and F:.

Did NOT have this problem with the trail.

Any takers?

Also noticed this is new too (Ram and CPU showing 0%/0k)

Delete the database folder and restart blueiris

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried. Same.

Tried DEMO. Same

Deleted all folders for Blue Iris

Just deleted, restarted, and MANUALLY removed everything related to the program in registry. SAME issue.

Have a HIGH suspicion its due to the 3 updates set out today

Last edited:

sjamieso

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just did the update and am having the same issue, very sad!

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Didn’t know about the update the second it was released. Had not clicked check for updates in the 15 days I had the demo.

I had your tools installed but apparently didn’t have “update backup started” so can’t revert back. Going to try just extracting the files from the update and overriding the installed files.

RCC

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue, just downloaded the update 4.7.6.3 and now it is not showing the C drive in the Blue Iris Status window. As such, I am unable to record.

Is their an option to revert back? I recently exported my setting, which means I could just reinstall Blue Iris and then import the settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Same issue, just downloaded the update 4.7.6.3 and now it is not showing the C drive in the Blue Iris Status window. As such, I am unable to record.

Is their an option to revert back? I recently exported my setting, which means I could just reinstall Blue Iris and then import the settings.
see the other thread with links to revert back. DISABLE AUTO UPDATE and always update from the website so you have an update file to revert with.

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Download an older "update" file. extract the exe to a folder, and COPY that over the files in your folder.

RCC

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot find an older update on the Blue Iris web site and, alas, I did not copy an older update - as mine was set to "automate download and install" Per suggestion, above, I will now start downloading from the web site and also save the older file. I guess I can uninstall the program and install, which will hopefully not fully update to the new version 4.7.6.3

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot find an older update on the Blue Iris web site and, alas, I did not copy an older update - as mine was set to "automate download and install" Per suggestion, above, I will now start downloading from the web site and also save the older file. I guess I can uninstall the program and install, which will hopefully not fully update to the new version 4.7.6.3
uninstall wont help..there are 2 other recent threads that have links to the older versions.

RCC

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I will try those threads. In the meantime, I found an November 17 Blue Iris 4.6.4.12 full install on my system (it was on an older computer before I got this one). That fixed the problem. I only hope that Blue Iris support fixes the problem and I can at least continue to do updates.