Clip storage issues I believe are coming from admin setup..?

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 500gb internal drive and a 3tb external. I have all the clips setup properly from a previous discussion I started. I'm having issues with the clips moving to the 3tb drive and deleting on the internal 500gb. Of course this puts me in the red for storage. For a while Ive been deleting the files manually. The change may be from setting up my computer to be remotely accessed since I'm not in the same state. I have to run BlueIris as an administrator to get it to start, something I didnt have to do prior. Im using Windows 10 also.

Any help is appreciated.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screen shots of the system options (gear button) the clips and archiving tab, the folders new, stored, alert settings ( 3 total screen shots)
Screen short of the Status (three bars button) clip storage

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See the red on the status that is your problem. Your space is over allocated. Fix it. There should be no red on the status.

Do not use clipp age. Only space.

are you set to continuous record ?
How many cameras ?
what is your combine or cut setting for each camera (camera record tab) .

If continuous record set combine or cut to 1 hour.

Last edited:

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
See the red on the status that is your problem. Your space is over allocated. Fix it. There should be no red on the status.

Do not use clipp age. Only space.

are you set to continuous record ?
How many cameras ?
what is your combine or cut setting for each camera (camera record tab) .

If continuous record set combine or cut to 1 hour.
Heres a snapshot of one of the cameras I have 7 total.

Thanks for the help! I love BI but just cant figure out some of this.

Attachments

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you even using AUX1? Check all 7 cameras, and have them all recording to New.
upload_2019-5-7_11-58-56.png
Then go back and change AUX1 limit size to 0, and unallocate it to no drive
upload_2019-5-7_12-1-9.png

Also check your E drive and make sure you don't have other stuff stored on there. Should just be E:\Stored

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please describe what you are trying to do with your recording strategy, use drive letters and folder names. You have your file movement messed up.

Continuous recording into a 24 hour file, creates a huge file set the combine and cut to 1 hour.

New should move to stored, new on c drive (200 GB)
stored should move to delete, stored should be on E drive (2500 GB)
alert should move to delete, alerts on c drive (10 GB)
aux 1 is not needed.

after changes reboot PC.

Screen shots of the system options (gear button) the clips and archiving tab, the folders new, stored, alert, aux1 settings ( 4 total screen shots)
Screen short of the Status (three bars button) clip storage
screen shot of a few cameras bi record tab

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Heres some of the pics. I just noticed the setting in the record tab is still at 24hrs.

What Im doing with the recording is simply saving for as long as I can. I want the highest resolution but I can cut down on the frame rate. I cant remember if I modify the frame rate while logged in to the individual cameras outside of BI. I have Dahua and Hikvision cameras that make up the 7 total. The computer and HD are set aside for the sole purpose of recording the video. I live most of my time out of state so I like to be able and view recorded video when possible. Currently 2 of the cameras take up more space per 24hr time frame than the others. They are also the better 5231r-z's cameras.

Thanks a ton for helping!

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Personally I would change New to the same settings as Stored and then get rid of Stored. So all recordings go direct to New on your E: drive.

Also for Alerts why have you set an age limit of 1 day? Do you not need anything older than 1 day?

EDIT: Ignore the above, I hadn't realised that the E: drive is an external drive.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking better.
No red on the status page.
Set the record time to 1 hour, not 24. The files will be to big at 24.
Do not record directly the e drive. It is external, new folder is in the correct place.
Make sure the age is uncheck on all folder setting.

Azman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Once I got rid of my external USB drive and replaced it with an internal drive the clip errors stopped.