Clip: write error 800000b7

Reaction score
Hi!
First time posting, be gentle...

Clip: write error 800000b7 WWWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Sorry, let me rephrase that.
I frequently get this error from different cameras on the following system:

I have 12 Hikvision
DS-2CD2142FWD-IS
cameras set up on a small LAN and BI is the control software.
The PC is new, custom built:
MSI CSM-Q87M-E43
Intel Core i7-4790 Processor
HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3
Corsair Carbide Series 100R
CORSAIR CSM Series CS550M
Intel Gigabit CT PCI-E Network Adapter EXPI9301CTBLK
120GB 850 EVO SSD
WD Purple 2TB Surveillence
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Blue Iris
The SSD runs windows and BI with the BI DB on C, the two WD Purple drives are mirror raided and used for NEW, STORED, and ALERTS folders.
I have the file sizes in recording limited to 1GB and 1 Hour.
The network is controlled by a
TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750, and POE is handled by two Ubituiti ToughSwitch Pro 8's, all connected by cat6
All of the configurations are the same on all cameras.
All told the cameras are using a total of 6MBs of bandwidth to blue iris

Any ideas out there?
Thanks all!

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I used to get the same error when I was either running high on cpu usage or too high of a noise reduction setting on my Hiks (I run them at 50% now). Consider this also: If I set my Hiks to variable bitrate and specify the highest bitrate limit you'd think it'd pull the juice necessary to allow the camera to do what it needs to do. But for some reason I was routinely getting loss of signal, clip write errors, spiking cpu usage when cameras started recording, etc. I changed all of my Hiks to constant bitrate with a high bitrate limit and I never have a problem. I run my cameras pretty hot though....I have 5 Hiks (4-4MP & 1-3MP)...I run them at their max resolution and fps because....I can. I might mature one day and reduce them to a sensible level. As it stands now with hardware acceleration in the picture, Blue Iris is only using 23% cpu with the live feed set at 12fps. Hope this helps--good luck.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was messing with stuff that wasn't broke (noise reduction and VBR vs. constant) and ended up with the same error. Thanks for the post beepsilver