Clips and clips dat file

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay. I was deleting clips (ugh soooo many) and when I was finished the time line still showed some blue areas. Also under the time line it says Clips: 33 files, 1.01G/121.0G.

I have checked my google drive folder (where I have them set to save) and there is nothing in the NEW folder. I have also checked the main directory on my main drive and the NEW folder is also empty along with the Storage folder. I can not find the mysterious missing 33 files taking up a GB no where.

I have since learned from this forum that I had no need of deleting clips manually, to let BI do it. So I set a 300 GB limit on the folder in my google drive and set it to now let BI delete clips.

But those blue areas in the time line are vexing me, plus the 1GB it says it is taken. Any ideas to correct that?

Thank You

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
did you try rebuilding the database? right click on the clips area and select 'database' at the bottom...

and as a possible data point, are you using combine/cut?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
When you are deleting these clips are you doing it from BI or from explorer? When I've deleted clips from somewhere other than BI I've experienced something similar to what you are seeing and then you have to do as @pozzello says, rebuild the database.

Last edited by a moderator:

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did notice that I started having the trouble when I got in a hurry (because there would be a ton of clips) and go directly to my google drive and high light all of them and delete. lol