Clips freeze after 5 seconds, but progress bar keeps going...

Reaction score
Nothing changed in my setup (maybe windows 10 updated?). I verified I have the latest Intel HD 530 drivers and I'm running the following:

Cameras: 5x Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I
FW: V5.4.5 build 170123
Enc: V5.0 build 170105

upload_2017-12-28_23-8-19.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing changed in my setup (maybe windows 10 updated?). I verified I have the latest Intel HD 530 drivers and I'm running the following:

Cameras: 5x Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I
FW: V5.4.5 build 170123
Enc: V5.0 build 170105

View attachment 25130
This is because you have setup blue iris incorrectly..you must set recording to continuous NOT triggered+continuous, that serves a different function as the help file explains.
you will still get motion trigger alerts/timeline icons like you intended.

Reaction score
After twiddling with things, I notice it has to do with the duration of the trigger buffer. Right now its set to 5 seconds, if I change it to 3 or 10, the video will play for that long, and then freeze.

Reaction score
This is because you have setup blue iris incorrectly..you must set recording to continuous NOT triggered+continuous, that serves a different function as the help file explains.
you will still get motion trigger alerts/timeline icons like you intended.
Thanks @fenderman...

So in reading the help file:

Triggered + Continuous. This option is similar to the "Triggered + Periodic" mode with the important difference that the file is recorded at a normal playback rate and does not require "combine or cut" in order to create a continuously recorded file.

I don't see what different function that serves? I want a continuous video, and I want a triggered clip recorded as well. How is that wrong?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman...

So in reading the help file:

Triggered + Continuous. This option is similar to the "Triggered + Periodic" mode with the important difference that the file is recorded at a normal playback rate and does not require "combine or cut" in order to create a continuously recorded file.

I don't see what different function that serves? I want a continuous video, and I want a triggered clip recorded as well. How is that wrong?
When recording continuous it ALWAYS records...there is no additional triggered "clip".... you will STILL have the alerts working...that IS what you want.
you need to understand triggered + periodic to understand why triggered + continuous is NOT what you want...regardless, try what I said, it will work.