Clips missing on sidebar

medic61

n3wb
Reaction score
v4.6.4.6

I just noticed I only have 7 clips showing up on the sidebar. The clips that I had marked "protect" are missing. When I view the storage folder, it has 833 items in it.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Shane

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
v4.6.4.6

I just noticed I only have 7 clips showing up on the sidebar. The clips that I had marked "protect" are missing. When I view the storage folder, it has 833 items in it.

Suggestions?
BI's 'Help' file on 'Clips' says this: "....If the clip is marked as Protected, it will not be moved automatically, deleted or recycled according to the automatic clean-up rules (discussed below). "

Also...."A clip may be protected from automatic storage or deletion by right-clicking it and selecting Protect. You may make this the default for all new clips by selecting an option on the camera's Record Properties page. To protect an entire folder, right-click in the Clip List and select the option Protect entire folder."

I don't use the 'Protect' feature but in my BI I right clicked on one clip & selected 'protect' and it then displayed a padlock. If 'Alerts' is not selected it won't display that protected clip. I hope this helps.

alert_protected.jpg

medic61

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I'm missing clips on the right side. If there are 833 items in the folder, should there not be 833 items in that box? I only had 5 items marked as protected.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, I'm missing clips on the right side. .
I understand that and that's where I chose to protect a clip and note that it disappeared unless 'Alerts' was selected.

If there are 833 items in the folder, should there not be 833 items in that box? I only had 5 items marked as protected.
It depends on how you have set up 'Blue Iris Options', 'Clips and archiving'. Just curious, have you read this below?

BI_help_clips.jpg

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have more than 1 camera? It looks like you have 1 camera selected (the little green camera icon). The clips should show up any way I believe, but I happened to notice that.

medic61

n3wb
Reaction score
The regenerate option pulled them all back. I've never had to use that before. Thanks.