Clips not saving individually, but as one huge file

CorporalCuddler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought the full version of blue iris about a month ago after doing the trial. I pretty much have the settings at default.

I have 4 cameras right now recording through blue iris, so I get on average a couple of hundred clips a day. I can quickly go through these clips and see if there's anything I'm interested in. If there's not I delete them (in the "clips" list on the right side of the blue iris gui). I THOUGHT that doing that would mean that the clips that I did not delete would be the only thing in the "new" and then when the time comes, the "stored" folders. I just realized that is not the case at all. It appears that EVERY clip that has ever recorded is stored in a database file and is stored in blocks of 4 hours. All of my deleting was for nothing apparently. So clearly I misunderstood how things work.

So, what I want is to have all of the days clips listed, how it is by default. I then want to delete the clips I'm not interested in. So I want to save ONLY the clips that I didn't delete. How can I do this? I don't need 4 hour blocks full of dozens of clips.

CorporalCuddler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I answered my own question by reading a post I made about this same issue from almost 3 years ago. Weird.

I don't see how to delete a post, but I think the answer is to go to Camera Properties->Record-> and uncheck Combine or Record ...