Clips not smooth, ghosting or smearing.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry if this was covered already but... when playing back clips, moving objects kind of smear. Replaying the clip shows the smearing occurs at the same spots so it is how the clip was written. The camera has its own storage, and playback on the camera is smooth. My CPU never goes over 30% and the PC has 12G of ram and it runs around 4G. I really want to find out what the problem is and correct it. Is it possible that my graphics card is not sufficient? I think that doesn't handle writing, only playback if I think correctly. I am leaning towards BI problems writing. Help! lol

Camera: Hik 2632F-IS 3 MP
I7 5th Gen
12 G RAM
Graphics Intel HD4600 on board.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if this was covered already but... when playing back clips, moving objects kind of smear. Replaying the clip shows the smearing occurs at the same spots so it is how the clip was written. The camera has its own storage, and playback on the camera is smooth. My CPU never goes over 30% and the PC has 12G of ram and it runs around 4G. I really want to find out what the problem is and correct it. Is it possible that my graphics card is not sufficient? I think that doesn't handle writing, only playback if I think correctly. I am leaning towards BI problems writing. Help! lol

Camera: Hik 2632F-IS 3 MP
I7 5th Gen
12 G RAM
Graphics Intel HD4600 on board.
Match the i-frame interval to fps (in the camera itself). In blue iris increase the receive buffer to 20mb..video>conifg

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman but unfortunately that did not resolve the issue. There is no change.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Uncheck get pull point subscription...disable capture mode on your camera...also I see a 1/6 exposure...is that accurate? You may also want to try using a hikvision option from the drop down.... finally 25fps is overkill...try 15...

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So far so good. Yes the Hik's config specifies the 1/6.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So far so good. Yes the Hik's config specifies the 1/6.
how is your night image at 1/6? It will likely be VERY blurry with any motion...1/30 is default.. also, at 1/6 exposure you limit the frame rate to 6fps.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
how is your night image at 1/6? It will likely be VERY blurry with any motion...1/30 is default.. also, at 1/6 exposure you limit the frame rate to 6fps.
Moving objects are streaky. Changed to 1/30 and image was so dark I had to raise the Gain to 90 to see anything. Noise city! 1/12 is way better but still very noisy. Gonna replace this cam anyway soon. The Longse one sucked and had continual POE failure and a shit image. (Just mine lol)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When you get used to looking at a long exposure image, it can be painful having to deal with short exposures again :)