Clips showing incorrect length (v5)

Reaction score
Hi All,

First time posting here. New to the home security camera scene. I am wondering if I am having a settings issue or if this is an issue with my version of Blue Iris?

Sometimes my clips are showing up as 2 seconds and then also as 49d+ lengths. The 2 second clips are in fact 2 seconds, but the 49d clips are not, they are sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes 5 minutes, it is random. I am setup to record 1 hour clips continuously. I have just reduced the framerate down from 30 to 15 and I also switched the sub-stream H264 profile to Base from High (already did this on the main stream when I first setup the cameras, but missed this setting on the sub stream) but I have yet to see if the has any effect on the clip length according to BI.

Here is screenshot of the problem:

49d-02s.PNG

Blue Iris version: 5.2.8.3 x64

Attachments

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have now noticed this happening as well. I have 1 of my 4 cameras set to use the sub-stream and that seems to be the only one showing 49days, the other 3 using the main stream seem fine.

Blue Iris v5.2.9.0

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did a repair and now there are gaps in that cameras recordings, but the 49day clips are gone :(!!

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I did a repair and now there are gaps in that cameras recordings, but the 49day clips are gone :(!!
Yes, that is what happened to me. Unfortunately I think your only recourse is to delete clips & database and start fresh again. I also went in and removed all sub streams, as this is when this started. So far I am about 3 days into this now without any 49 day crap now. The sub stream idea is great, once the bugs are worked out. I also do not have any 4MP + cams, so the CPU savings was not enough to worry about.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I removed streams on the one camera I had it enabled on as well. That was the only camera that had the issue, plus it had issues with alerts as well, guess it is still a work in progress!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I removed streams on the one camera I had it enabled on as well. That was the only camera that had the issue, plus it had issues with alerts as well, guess it is still a work in progress!
Don't rush to install updates. Turn off auto update. It's always a work in progress.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't rush to install updates. Turn off auto update. It's always a work in progress.
But, I just can't help myself! I want to try out the latest thing. I only turned the sub-stream on one camera and it did lower the resources, so once the kinks are worked out it's going to be nice.