Cloned camera problem with Scheduled Event PTZ presets

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I use scheduled events to control the day/night settings via the PTZ presets on my cameras. I have cloned each of my cameras to test different zone settings and generate different types of alerts etc.

Today, I noticed that the camera PTZ presets are correct for one camera but not the other. Any thoughts on why this may be?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Whats the problem?
The preset will be whatever you set it to, it will not change if you change it one one camera...blue iris has no idea what preset a camera is set to.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Whats the problem?
The preset will be whatever you set it to, it will not change if you change it one one camera...blue iris has no idea what preset a camera is set to.
The problem is that I use Curl to instruct the camera to use a PTZ preset relative to sunrise/sunset to change the camera day/night settings. Both the original and clone cameras have the exact same scheduled event to change the PTZ preset. They should both have the same PTZ preset applied depending on what time of day it is.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is that I use Curl to instruct the camera to use a PTZ preset relative to sunrise/sunset to change the camera day/night settings. Both the original and clone cameras have the exact same scheduled event to change the PTZ preset. They should both have the same PTZ preset applied depending on what time of day it is.
You only need to send the ptz command to one camera...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You only need to send the ptz command to one camera...
Okay, so since it's a clone I should only send it to the original and they'll both have the correct setting? It's funny, even the camera that said night setting during the day actual wasn't by looking at the image and checking camera settings. Appreciate it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so since it's a clone I should only send it to the original and they'll both have the correct setting? It's funny, even the camera that said night setting during the day actual wasn't by looking at the image and checking camera settings. Appreciate it.
It's the same camera just a second feed