Cloudy Day and Lightening Lighting Changes

Tome10

n3wb
Reaction score
I have analog cams, so maybe that is the reason I can't seem to get good results from the Major Lighting Changes Reset parameter. I've tried up to 99%, and back down to 1%. I can't really tell it's doing anything. Any pointers on how to deal with Lighting Changes?

upload_2018-3-21_20-1-23.png

Huntin3006

n3wb
Reaction score
Wouldn't say I'm an expert but since I've learned a lot on this forum so I'll try to help: Lighting changes are really hard to get set just right. My guess is you need to setup a zone under "Use zones and hot spot" or setup another zone that includes more.

Usually I setup one zone with everything selected, then leave that zone out of the "Object crosses zone" list.(Assuming you setup another smaller zone.) Anything that is not selected in at least one zone will not be included in the Object size exceeds function.

If that doesn't help this video and the rest of the series will probably help more than I can:

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can use Zone Crossing and Object Travels parameters as well. Just keep in mind they don't work as well in reality as in theory. Particularly the OBject Travels can cause you to miss positives. A box around a person may grow instead of move, for example, and obj travel won't let it trigger.

Study how BI draws boxes and tracks motion by selecting "Display Bounding Boxes" and unchecking "only while triggered". I have them on all the time. See if shadows, wind blowing fences and trees, clouds, etc are the culprits quicker then. You can use motion masks to "paint" the zones and cut out things like fences. The lighting change is intended for manmade lighting more so than natural. I swear it was my suggestion from a few years back, but I doubt I was the only one who had to disarm BI before turning off hall light! Outside of all this, there remains AI.

Tome10

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I made Zone A all green for the lighting changes to work correctly. I then took the yard absent the street and sectioned it off in zones B,C,D,E,F,G. In the Object Detection Zones I put B-F. I'm kinda thinking that isn't correct, and will only trigger movement between B-F. How do you enter any movement between any of the zones minus A? BCDEFG? I made sure there was a space between the grids. So I need any movement between the grids triggers. Although, I'm not sure how this won't trigger with a rolling cloud across the yard. Also, because I set up Zone A as all green, the detector is looking at the street, and house across the street and triggering. I thought A would just be used for the lighting changes. Thoughts?

Attachments