CMP Cable

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No results showed up when I searched CMP.

I have to have CMP ( Plenum ) data wire for our small office, the area above the drop ceiling is all a return plenum for the hvac. Thus requiring CMP rated cable.

It's proving difficult to locate true cmp, fully copper and in various colors.

Monoprice only carries 2 options, Cat6/Ct6A. One is out of stock and neither come in various colors. They have Cat6A in blue, but I want to reserve that for all of our data drops. We have about 150 right now. I love the idea that they are color coded as well it creates a lot of ease when in the ceiling messing and running stuff.

They don't even have any CMP in cat5e as a back up option. I'm finding super mixed reviews throughout amazon so that's sketchy.

Are their any online reputable sellers who have this? I've contacted half a dozen local IT/Security distributers and none will sell to the public. I have to have a contractors license.

Thanks!

CMP vs CMR.jpg

Attachments

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, It seems im blind. Cable Wholesale seems to have everything I need.

Anyone know if they are reputable?

I'm going to leave this thread because nothing else showed up under search results for CMP and should help future users

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well thats cool.
yeah in a career firefighter and part time IT Generalist for a local company office.

I'll check it out, thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, It seems im blind. Cable Wholesale seems to have everything I need.

Anyone know if they are reputable?

I bought some cable from them in 2007 and 2008, no problems, decent shipping, reasonable prices. They're still alive 15 years later so I'd say that's a good sign (they haven't screwed the wrong people, at least). :cool:

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
True cable is a good place. Also firefold is another that has stuff on sale at times and it looks like the 5e cmp I like to use from them is on sale: