CMS and DeviceManage can't find cameras in scan

daloipc

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed DeviceManage 2.5.2.1 and CMS 3.1.0.3 and their scan cannot see an IP camera on the same subnet. BlueIris can see it and I can reach it with a web browser, but scan doesn't work.

This is a Windows 10 machine. I have set up windows firewall exceptions for both programs, and tried running as administrator, but nothing helps. Any ideas on something else I should try?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have installed DeviceManage 2.5.2.1 and CMS 3.1.0.3 and their scan cannot see an IP camera on the same subnet. BlueIris can see it and I can reach it with a web browser, but scan doesn't work.

This is a Windows 10 machine. I have set up windows firewall exceptions for both programs, and tried running as administrator, but nothing helps. Any ideas on something else I should try?
I am not familiar with those specific apps, but makes sure all the components installed correctly...it may be a windows 10 issue (the software may not have been updated)...try installing in compatibility mode.

daloipc

n3wb
Reaction score
These are the applications for configuring or viewing the inexpensive IP cameras like the TOP cameras. I picked them up off pan.sohu.net because someone said that location had the most recent versions. They seem to have been placed there at the end of October, but who knows what that means as regards Windows 10. I tried the device manager installer and device manager itself with several compatibility settings, but no success. I tried likewise with the CMS, and no good result there, either.

d00k

n3wb
Reaction score
I have seen them fail when used from a computer connected via WiFi, but working fine when the computer is connected via network cable.