ColorVu&AcuSense

Sentinel43

n3wb
Reaction score

Sentinel43

n3wb
Reaction score
Thats a great find! And one that i have been looking for!
Yeah, me too, camera can be preordered, and I got information that around 8 weeks is waiting time before they ship it. I guess I will order one and check it, but in other hand, I dont wanna wait another 8 weeks to buy more if I like it :)

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, me too, camera can be preordered, and I got information that around 8 weeks is waiting time before they ship it. I guess I will order one and check it, but in other hand, I dont wanna wait another 8 weeks to buy more if I like it :)
I just ordered the DS-2CD2346G2-ISU-SL which is the turret Acusense with Strobe Light and Audible Warning.

I will team it up with the Acusense NVR 7616NXI-i2/160/4S and will use with ColorVu 2347G1-LU to give me similar results to the DS-3047G2-LS bullet!

I will take a punt that the torrent will be model DS-2CD3046G2!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sentinel43

n3wb
Reaction score
I just ordered the DS-2CD2346G2-ISU-SL which is the turret Acusense with Strobe Light and Audible Warning.

I will team it up with the Acusense NVR 7616NXI-i2/160/4S and will use with ColorVu 2347G1-LU to give me similar results to the DS-3047G2-LS bullet!
I bought same NVR (DS-7616NXI-I2/4S) month ago teamed with DS-2CD2646G2-IZS variofocal just to be sure do I need 2.8, 4 or 6 mm. At the end I will go with 2.8 mm on all my cameras.
Camera mentioned above with some outdoor wall lighting is in color mode all night long.
Edited: after some more testing I will double think about 2.8 mm on all my cams. Now I am reconsidering even 6 mm on some positions.

Last edited:

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just wondering why this camera is using a smaller sensor than the standard Colorvu 4mp camera ? surely this will produce an inferior low light image unless the led is permanently on. My standard Colorvu cameras don't need to use the supplemental led's as they produce a very good colour image with minimal ambient lighting. I realise not everyone has the same lighting conditions but reading the vendors overview this seems to imply the built in led's need to be on full time at night to compensate for the smaller sensor.

Sentinel43

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wondering why this camera is using a smaller sensor than the standard Colorvu 4mp camera ? surely this will produce an inferior low light image unless the led is permanently on. My standard Colorvu cameras don't need to use the supplemental led's as they produce a very good colour image with minimal ambient lighting. I realise not everyone has the same lighting conditions but reading the vendors overview this seems to imply the built in led's need to be on full time at night to compensate for the smaller sensor.
Not sure, but beside colour image, I found more important to have reliable and smart detection which acusense technology provide. I will try and buy one acusense&colorvu camera just to test it.

Reactions: GLO

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Part of me believes that they do this on purpose. Incremental releases so that you buy and then are forced to upgrade, etc. No reason for them not to offer a higher priced cam that has all top features that we are looking for in one package from the start.

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought same NVR (DS-7616NXI-I2/4S) month ago teamed with DS-2CD2646G2-IZS variofocal just to be sure do I need 2.8, 4 or 6 mm. At the end I will go with 2.8 mm on all my cameras.
Camera mentioned above with some outdoor wall lighting is in color mode all night long.
Edited: after some more testing I will double think about 2.8 mm on all my cams. Now I am reconsidering even 6 mm on some positions.
Which locations will the 6mm work better for you?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Ookie

Check those attached camera. 1/1.8" sensor, colorvu and acusense. They will be released somewhere around Q4 this year.

Regards.
Thanks much for sharing. This seems to be the ticket. Give me an NVR without klugy firmware that has DHCP/PoE issues and I will be a really camper.

Jono83

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Bob any additional info on availability / pricing for ColorVu camera with Acusense?

Ookie it sounds like the current state of NVRs has some challenges in your experience. I ask because I really want to get a ColorVu camera but I believe Acusense is a must to eliminate or greatly reduce false positive notifications. So right now I am torn between waiting for ColorVu camera with Acusense OR do I go with ColorVu and a NVR to get me Acusense? Home use so I don't think I'll exceed the 4 Acusense camera limit on the NVR. In fact likely to only have 1 ColorVu camera at all for then next year or two. But I would not mind exploring what an NVR can give me vs. my current micro SD approach.

The ColorVu is so enticing because A) my planned driveway location has good indirect light at night, B) I can get a Cat 5 cable run to that particular driveway location pretty easily, C) I have no PoE experience and would like to play around with it. Very, very interested in improving my alert notifications ability in this driveway setting, thus my interest in Acusense.

My current experience level is with 10 Wyze cams covering perimeter of house, sd cards in 8 of them (24x7 recording), stable enough notification timing, many nuisance alerts, person notification very erratic. Remote live viewing from app surprisingly solid, recorded video via app is just ok IMHO. I have 3 external IR illuminators that help night viewing. Has limitations and challenges, but not bad for a cheap camera approach. I am ready to try the next level up and ColorVu AND Acusense sound like perfect for me.

Thoughts?

Reactions: E-Q