'Combine or cut' does so before time limit

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BVR, direct-to-disc continuous recording, motion sensor on, 6 hik/dahua cams, i7, 4gb. combine or cut set to 4 hours.

it seems like this should save a new clip every 4 hours and, with a 4 hour interval, synchronizes the cut to midnight, 4am, 8 am, and so on.

However, i'm getting clips cut at some odd but consistent times. 4pm, 7:36pm, 8pm, midnight, 2:37am, 4am. it appears to be ignoring my 4 hour combine/cut rule and cutting off at about the 2:36 mark. The log does not show anything related to this other than cameras connecting at about this time.

I'm running two PCs parallel. one with 4.4. one with latest 4.5. both do exactly the same thing.

any ideas why this does not adhere to the 4 hour rule for clips?

Thanks.

edit: i believe this was due to the '4 hour/4.5gb' rule. the files got to 4.5gb before they got to 4 hours.

Last edited:

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, you have it figured out. The clips are reaching the 'size' limit' before the 'time' limit.

To always cut on the time limit, set the size limit high, like 20gig. If your more concerned about size, you can always lower the size limit, but keeping it high ensures the clips are cut by time.

Note: If your cameras time limits evenly divides the day, BI will attempt to cut all cameras/groups on those intervals. I use 6 hrs so I get 4 clips per day from each camera. They are cut by BI at Midnight, 6am, Noon, and, 6pm.