Combining 2 IP Camera feeds into one view on Blue Iris ?

sesipod93

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I am trying to find a solution to combine 2 IP cameras ( same FPS / Res ) together as a single view in Blue Iris.

These cameras are going to be placed right next to one another to cover a street form one end to the other end. I would like to have the cameras merged as a single large view and be able to do motion detection over the singe image instead of 2 separate cameras. The cameras are on the same LAN as the desktop running Blue Iris.

These are 2x 5 MP cameras running at 15fps.
The PC running it is an i9-9900k / 16gb ram / Samsung m.2 SSD .

The PC has plenty of horsepower to run both cameras as a single video view if this can be done within Blue Iris or some external software and hen piped into Blue Iris.
BI-2.png

Thanks for the help!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello I am trying to find a solution to combine 2 IP cameras ( same FPS / Res ) together as a single view in Blue Iris.

These cameras are going to be placed right next to one another to cover a street form one end to the other end. I would like to have the cameras merged as a single large view and be able to do motion detection over the singe image instead of 2 separate cameras. The cameras are on the same LAN as the desktop running Blue Iris.

These are 2x 5 MP cameras running at 15fps.
The PC running it is an i9-9900k / 16gb ram / Samsung m.2 SSD .

The PC has plenty of horsepower to run both cameras as a single video view if this can be done within Blue Iris or some external software and hen piped into Blue Iris.
View attachment 59574

Thanks for the help!
Set those two cams up in a group. See the Bi help file on groups.

sesipod93

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand the group is there but is there a way to have the group display as a single camera in the Blue Iris interface / Not over the web view ?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I understand the group is there but is there a way to have the group display as a single camera in the Blue Iris interface / Not over the web view ?
Group is the way, then open that group with the cams arranged side by side.
Orput them on the desktop, and arrange them side by side, and the sizes you need.

sesipod93

n3wb
Reaction score
So then there is no way to make them one single camera without the groups?
The idea behind this is that I would not need to edit each cam for settings and such..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So then there is no way to make them one single camera without the groups?
The idea behind this is that I would not need to edit each cam for settings and such..
You can copy the settings from one cam to the other.
Or as I suggested, drag them onto the desktop, and adjust the sizes of the windows and position to suit.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@sesipod93 You can do what you are asking for, but the downsides are real. You'll get a bit more video delay, worse quality, most likely a much bigger file size, possibly a lower frame rate, and no audio. And higher CPU/memory usage.

What you need to do is set up the group like looney2ns said, but then configure a new camera in Blue Iris that pulls a web server video stream for that group.

In the address text input, put 127.0.0.1 followed by a colon followed by your web server port number. And the Video Path text input, replace "garage" with your group's name.

1586989879047.png

You can tinker and try to get one of Blue Iris's web-served H.264 streams to work (instead of jpeg), but I had trouble with that just now when jpeg worked fine.

If you have trouble, make sure Blue Iris Settings > Web server > Listen/bind to one selected LAN IP only is unchecked. You can also add ^127.0.0.1 to the Web server > Advanced > Limit IP addresses box if there are any authentication issues, as that will whitelist the 127.0.0.1 (loopback interface) address and grant it automatic administrative privilege.