Comparison of IPC-HFW2831SP-S-S2 vs IPC-HFW3541EP-SA

rcamans

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear gentlemen of this community, I have a question, I do not know which model to choose between these two cameras: IPC-HFW2831SP-S-S2 vs IPC-HFW3541EP-SA, I remain attentive to your comments.
Sincerely.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Neither. They are not on the proper MP/sensor ratio.

An 8MP on the 1/2.7" sensor will be blind at night.... The 2MP version of that varifocal will kick this 8MP camera butt all night long.

It is simple LOL do not chase MP - do not buy a 4MP camera that is anything smaller than a 1/1.8" sensor. Do not buy a 2MP camera that is anything smaller than a 1/2.8" sensor. Do not buy a 4K (8MP) camera on anything smaller than a 1/1.2" sensor. Unfortunately, most 4k cams are on the same sensor as a 2MP and thus the 2MP will kick its butt all night long as the 4k will need 4 times the light than the 2MP... 4k will do very poor at night unless you have stadium quality lighting (well a lot of lighting LOL). Starlight, ColorVu, Full Color, etc. are simply marketing terms, so don't be sold on those names.

My neighbor was bragging to me how he only needed his four 2.8mm fixed lens 4k (on a similar sensor size) cams to see his entire property and the street and his whole backyard. His car was sitting in the driveway practically touching the garage door and his video quality was useless to ID the perp not even 10 feet away. Meanwhile my 2MP varifocal optically zoomed in to the public sidewalk provided the money shot to the police to get my neighbors all their stuff back. Nobody else had video that could provide anything useful, other than what time this motion blur ghost was at their car.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 4MP cameras in the 5442 Series are wonderful cameras on the proper MP/sensor ratio size.

Dahua also recently came out with an 8MP cam the 4K/X that is wonderful.

Hikvision also has equivalent cameras on the ideal MP/sensor ratio.

Check out @EMPIRETECANDY and his Amazon page that ships all over the world. You can also do a search here for real reviews on these cameras.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.