Compatibility with Axis cameras and Dahua NVR

Dorsetgem

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All
Being a newbie I have a question which I am trying to get Dahua to answer but not having much luck. I have 8 cameras set up, 6 Axis M1011's, an Axis 225FD dome camera and an Axis 211.
I recently replaced an ageing computer running Blue Iris with a Dahua 4216 NVR which advertised it was compatible with Axis cameras. On setting up the system when using the smart look up no cameras were found, but I managed to find 6 of the M1011's by manually inputing the IP addresses. However I cannot get the NVR to see the older Axis cameras. I can see them via my laptop but not on the Dahua.
Also I have downloaded the Smart PSS but would also like to use the web browser using a Mac and El Capitan but when I download the plugin I cannot open it.
Many Thanks
Glen

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
which ones are the older ones? do they support OnVif? try adding it as an ONVIF camera.. or if you can figure out the RTSP stream you can input that as a manual camera.

Ive never bothered installing the plugin for the NVR on my mac come to think of it, I prefer SmartPSS.. try this: https://cloud.nayr.net/index.php/s/p6F7T1WEJdt4mbv

Dorsetgem

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow thanks for such a quick response. I have downloaded that page and installed it but it still asks for a plug in once installed?. I will have a go at the RTSP stream once I read up on it thanks.
The older cameras are the Axis 225FD and the Axis 211. The only difference that I can see is they don't have H.264 just MJPeg, but the NVR supports MJPeg?
Thanks again
Glen

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
those are so old they dont support onvif, getting them to work might be a trick.. your best bet is manually as a custom camera if you can get a video stream url off em.

Dorsetgem

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone else know how I might solve this puzzle?, as security is not an issue due to where they are pointing.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
add them as 'Generic' or 'Custom' manufacturer camera, url:
Code:
rtsp:///ipaddress:554/mpeg4/media.amp
if that dont work, figure out what the URL is w/Google and VLC.. when you get it to stream into VLC, paste the URL into your NVR.

Dorsetgem

n3wb
Reaction score
So just to recap, I have gone to Manual set up, General, and its asking me for a Main Stream and sub stream. Is this where I add my url such as the ones I have gotten off of ispyconnect (http://[COLOR=#767676]axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi).
Thanks again
[/COLOR]

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i dunno if it'll take an http stream, give it a try.. I think you need an rtsp stream.