Complete install

HKSone

n3wb
Reaction score
I would to also share my complete project dedicated to this site that helped me chosen the quality cams or I would have gotten poor performance consumer cams. Thank you fenderman and everyone else here.

Routing wiring for the central location server/computer, router, poe switch and power backup.

20170613_182025.jpg

Last edited:

HKSone

n3wb
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Everything is ran already so it is too late I just got to deal with it. What disadvantages will I have? What Ethernet would you recommend for my next install?
packet loss for one...set that aside for a moment, did you use the 568 standard?

HKSone

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z Sides

20170617_113510.jpg 20170617_113214.jpg

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Note you can change the event color in the camera settings so they show independently on the timeline...
also your cpu use is crazy high...did you enable direct to disk recording? Hardware acceleration if your cpu is intel and supports quicksync via intel hd?
What cpu are you using?
Also change the storage settings in the clips and archiving tab...you now only have about 30 gig of total storage allocated...

HKSone

n3wb
Reaction score
Note you can change the event color in the camera settings so they show independently on the timeline...
also your cpu use is crazy high...did you enable direct to disk recording? Hardware acceleration if your cpu is intel and supports quicksync via intel hd?
What cpu are you using?
Also change the storage settings in the clips and archiving tab...you now only have about 30 gig of total storage allocated...

I haven't had too much time to play with the settings on Blue Iris yet. I just changed all the cameras to direct to disc instead and helped but not a lot. I tried looking for the hardware acceleration and quicksync setting with could not find it. I'm only running an I3-7100t and I'm thinking about upgrading soon if I can't the CPU usage down.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't had too much time to play with the settings on Blue Iris yet. I just changed all the cameras to direct to disc instead and helped but not a lot. I tried looking for the hardware acceleration and quicksync setting with could not find it. I'm only running an I3-7100t and I'm thinking about upgrading soon if I can't the CPU usage down.
direct to disk should help substantially....ensure you did it for each camera..HA is a setting in blue iris..there is a sticky on how to optimize blue iris, read it..