Completely new and would like help

AndrewVP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, I just joined because I'm trying to find resources on troubleshooting and repairing security cameras. I see there are some on this site and I am going to check those out, but in the mean time i would greatly appreciate any links y'all can share with me about repairing and maintaining illustra security systems. I have a job interview coming up for such work and I want to study as much as possible for it even though it is entey level, no experience required.

Thanks in advance, sorry if this isn't the right place to put this thread, as I said I am new.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, I just joined because I'm trying to find resources on troubleshooting and repairing security cameras. I see there are some on this site and I am going to check those out, but in the mean time i would greatly appreciate any links y'all can share with me about repairing and maintaining illustra security systems. I have a job interview coming up for such work and I want to study as much as possible for it even though it is entey level, no experience required.

Thanks in advance, sorry if this isn't the right place to put this thread, as I said I am new.
Welcome @AndrewVP

I have not seen a lot of posts on "illustra security" products, however as I see they are IP cameras:

1) I think you can benefit by reading the cliff notes
2) reviewing IP configuration / trouble shooting - practice with setting up a router / LAN
3) see the VPN notes... understand the idea of running a VPN for remote access
4) using VLC to trouble shoot cameras
5) ping / traceroute - tracert
6) wireshark or other packet tool

that should be a good start to review topics.