Computer was rebooted and now BI is showing 95% CPU consuption, help?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all (perhaps Fenderman?), my computer did a routine reboot and now CPU usage for BI 4 is 95% where it should normally be like 55%. I have 9 cameras and I did not change anything but can't see why it is now drawing 98% CPU, help please?

Thanks,

Adam Farber

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be that something went wrong with your Intel Graphics driver and hardware acceleration stopped working.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perhaps, I installed a new video card last week and all was fine but who knows. Can I change text size in BI program? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps, I installed a new video card last week and all was fine but who knows. Can I change text size in BI program? Thanks
You shouldn't be installing any video cards in a blue iris machine... It likely disabled your quick sync... You can change the display scaling in Windows... There are several threads with detailed instructions

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I had gotten a new large high resolution monitor and wanted to get the best resolution I could. I will check, thanks again, Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I had gotten a new large high resolution monitor and wanted to get the best resolution I could. I will check, thanks again, Adam
You don't need a 4k monitor to display security cameras.... Also most Intel Graphics can display 4K

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Understood Fenderman, what you tell me is what I do. Thanks, Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have an interesting scenario I need help with if it can be done. When I go in to "Blue Iris Status" initially I can not see the tabs for "Messages", "Cameras", "Connections", "Clip Storage" as you see in picture 1 but if I click on where I can just see those tabs it brings them to the front as you can see in picture 2 and all is fine UNTIL I close "Blue Iris Messages" and open it again and then it's back to not seeing the tabs unless I click on one, any help? Thanks, Adam

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That looks like a Windows DPI scaling glitch. I suggest you show that to Blue Iris support, though it might take a major UI rewrite before Blue Iris is 100% compatible with DPI scaling.