Conduit and fixings for Dahua Junction Box PFA137

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the subject junction box and want to connect a flexible conduit into it. There is a gland supplied (looks like 15mm ID, 20mm OD) and the gland nut has an aperture of 12mm (approx). Most flexible conduit from DIY stores is around 20mm and too big for the fitting. Reason I need flexible is due a short run of the conduit route not being suitable for hard conduit (which covers most of the route). The conduit is out of reach of someone standing under so its more a matter of weatherproofing. Only cable within will be Cat6.

Have you used flexible conduit for this type of application? Any suggestions please?

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are talking about connecting flexible conduit to the side opening, there are a multiple options. Use connectors for the conduit found at the DIY store, depending on the type of conduit. Here is one option https://www.amazon.com/Sealproof-Non-metallic-Liquid-Tight-Connector-Electrical/dp/B0756JWQY3/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1519921227&sr=8-4&keywords=1%2F2+inch+flexible+conduit Here is another for metal flex conduit https://www.amazon.com/Halex-20440-2-Inch-Screw-Connector/dp/B006X15XMU/ref=sr_1_155?ie=UTF8&qid=1519921911&sr=8-155&keywords=1/2+inch+flexible+conduit. Look for "raintight" connections. Should be available where you buy your conduit. Skip the supplied connector.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check the options at my local DIY store. Need to find a connector with an aperture big enough to pass an RJ45 plug if possible. In worst case I'll cut the plug and re-terminate with a new one after the cable is passed through.

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1/2” EMT conduit will allow a non-covered RJ45 plug through it. If it has a pre- manufactured plastic end, or if you add a stress boot it will not fit. I don’t have flex pipe to try for you but I’m going to guess the inside diameter will be the same.

8376944E-E96D-4D37-BF59-CA6B1B16DDCE.jpeg