Config problem/help

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am brand new to BI and am having an issue figuring out the way to configure the cameras. I originally had the cameras on an nvr with the ip range of 192.168.254.x. My current router is 192.168.1.x . Am i thinking correctly that i really need at least one poe injector so that i can plug each camera directly into a computer to configure the ip's for the cameras? Nothing else i have tried is working .

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use a switch..You need one anyway
i bought the switch you recommended. I have it set up . My router is assigning the ip's so the switch is 192.168.1.3 the BI computer plugged into the switch was assigned .21 I can access blue iris inside and outside the network showing the one wireless camera i have. But when i plug in the wired camera's i am unable to access them at all. They never show up on the router as wired devices. So i know i am missing something and the idea of the injector was to isolate each camera using the last known ip address for the camera and hook it up directly to a computer to access the config of the camera. I have tried changing the switch to a 192.168.254.x address but once i do that i of course lose access because everything else is on .1.x .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i bought the switch you recommended. I have it set up . My router is assigning the ip's so the switch is 192.168.1.3 the BI computer plugged into the switch was assigned .21 I can access blue iris inside and outside the network showing the one wireless camera i have. But when i plug in the wired camera's i am unable to access them at all. They never show up on the router as wired devices. So i know i am missing something and the idea of the injector was to isolate each camera using the last known ip address for the camera and hook it up directly to a computer to access the config of the camera. I have tried changing the switch to a 192.168.254.x address but once i do that i of course lose access because everything else is on .1.x .
set the switch to
Plug ONLY the camera and pc into the switch...
in the pc's network adapter change the ipv4 settings to 192.168.254.100
How to Assign a Static IP Address in Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, or Vista
Now search for the cameras...

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score