Configuration help needed - getting error moving file from stored to nas

Reaction score
Title says it all

I get an error when blue iris tries to move a file from local storage (stored) to my NAS

I can access the nas drive on my pc so that isn’t the issue
99F98517-BF69-43D6-95BB-34BFDE7F5661.jpeg

1AE752BA-2550-40B7-A9C7-53CA5052DD28.png

0B7BD4DB-7E66-478F-97CE-274BA49B60F5.jpeg

Need guidance on what I’m doing wrong

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You don't mention which NAS you're using but generally the problem is the user credentials needed to write to the NAS are not correct for BI to write to it. That, I hope, gives you a starting point since I don't use a NAS but there are multiple threads discussing this kind of problem.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you running BI as a Service?
Have you login to the BI PC using the credential that the service is under ? Can you write to the NAS from the PC ?
--------------------------------
Read the help file in BI on NAS usage
-------------------------------

Before asking a question search the forum first...
The best way to search the forum is to use Google
In the google search window enter.. site:ipcamtalk.com ?????? ..where ?????? is the items/terms you are interested in.
Example site:ipcamtalk.com PALE MOON BROWSER

Reaction score
Are you running BI as a Service?
Have you login to the BI PC using the credential that the service is under ? Can you write to the NAS from the PC ?
--------------------------------
Read the help file in BI on NAS usage
-------------------------------

Before asking a question search the forum first...
The best way to search the forum is to use Google
In the google search window enter.. site:ipcamtalk.com ?????? ..where ?????? is the items/terms you are interested in.
Example site:ipcamtalk.com PALE MOON BROWSER
running standalone console
Everything but writing from stored to nas works perfectly
Can write a file from local storage to nas

did search couldn’t find anything that fixed this issue

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are running console only are you sure the PC is not going to sleep ?

Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)
1) Blue Iris Setting about tab (black out your license key)
2) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph,upper left corner) clip storage tab
3) blue Iris status cameras tab
4) blue Iris status message tab
5) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have an allocation error or a database error. If there is any RED on the BI status clip storage, then you have a problem.

For a start 10 GB for a folder sizes is very small if you are recording continuously for 8 cameras. Increase the New folder to 100 GB, set the stored folder to Zero, have the new folder move to the NAS_backup folder.

You may have a database error delete all the files in the C:\blue Iris\DB folder., do a reboot of the BI PC.

====================================
My Standard allocation post.

1) Do not use time (limit clip age)to determine when BI video files are moved or deleted, only use space. Using time wastes disk space.
2) If New and stored are on the same disk drive do not used stored, set the stored size to zero, set the new folder to delete, not move to stored. All it does is waste CPU time and increase the number of disk writes. You can leave the stored folder on the drive just do not use it.
3) Never allocate over 90% of the total disk drive to BI.
4) if using continuous recording on the BI camera settings, record tab, set the combine and cut video to 1 hour or 3 GB. Really big files are difficult to transfer.
5) it is recommend to NOT store video on an SSD (the C: drive).
6) Do not run the disk defragmenter on the video storage disk drives.
7) Do not run virus scanners on BI folders
8) an alternate way to allocate space on multiple drives is to assign different cameras to different drives, so there is no file movement between new and stored.
9) Never use an External USB drive for the NEW folder.

Advanced storage:
If you are using a complete disk for large video file storage (BVR) continuous recording, I recommend formatting the disk, with a windows cluster size of 1024K (1 Megabyte). This is a increase from the 4K default. This will reduce the physical number of disk write, decrease the disk fragmentation, speed up access.
Hint:
On the Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage tab, if there is any red on the bars you have a allocation problem. If there is no Green, you have no free space, this is bad.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
error 1326 has do due with security and file ownership. It may be necessary to delete all your video files or get the folders and files under the same owner, with full access as the user that BI is running under.

It also appears that you made the space smaller for your new and stored folders. BI trying to move 600+ files is not a good idea.

Reaction score
Implanted all changes suggested. It’s looking promising.

it hasn’t tried moving to nas yet so will have to monitor

thank you so much for your help

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When you log into the BI system (Goldstein), which user account are you using; e.g. goldstein\biservice P@ssw0rd9 ?

This is also typically the same account/password you've created on the NAS to grant permissions into the share (\\disktation\blueiris); goldstein\biservice P@ssw0rd9

This also needs to be the account which starts the BI service? (the period in the capture below would be interpreted as goldstein)

entries of input boxes below would be
.\biservice​
P@ssw0rd9​
P@ssw0rd9​

1601512100179.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you are still getting the 1326 error. I believe, not positive that this is a security error.
Why is it trying to move 201 files, most moves take only 2 or 3 files. Are you recording continuous or motion only ?

1) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph,upper left corner) clip storage tab
2) blue Iris status cameras tab
3) blue Iris status message tab
4) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)
5) screen shot of the windows task manager , details tab, sorted by name , make sure the BI process shows up.
6) screen shot of the windows file manger for some of the contents of the NEW folder, showing the bvr files

screen shot of the windows properties security tab for the following items
1) new folder
2) NAS_BACKUP folder
3) file c:\blue iris\new\BD-CAM.20200927_235842.bvr

screen shot of the windows task manager , details tab, sorted by name , make sure the MI process shows up.

Reaction score
When you log into the BI system (Goldstein), which user account are you using; e.g. goldstein\biservice P@ssw0rd9 ?

This is also typically the same account/password you've created on the NAS to grant permissions into the share (\\disktation\blueiris); goldstein\biservice P@ssw0rd9

This also needs to be the account which starts the BI service? (the period in the capture below would be interpreted as goldstein)

entries of input boxes below would be
.\biservice​
P@ssw0rd9​
P@ssw0rd9​

View attachment 71728
This could be the issue

I login to BI using Goldstein and the nas also uses Goldstein

so do I need tocreate a new login to the nas goldstein\biservice? And use the same password as I use for BI login?

Reaction score
I’ll provide screenshots later today

I do record continuously. Should I not? If not how should I set it up?

thank you

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This could be the issue

I login to BI using Goldstein and the nas also uses Goldstein

so do I need tocreate a new login to the nas goldstein\biservice? And use the same password as I use for BI login?
you dont need to create a separate account, just use the same user and password for both the NAS credentials and the service account credentials. (this can be, and usually is, the same credentials that you use to log onto BI system interactively)

--

i used as an example "biservice", it could be any account name you have on the BI system and the NAS. whatever you use, the account name must be the same and the password for that account must be the same between the devices.

screen captures from your Blue Iris Service credentials and the user account(s) from the NAS would be helpful. it would also provide better clarity of explanations and suggestions.

Reaction score
Here you go

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are two blueIris.exe running, this is normal, one is the background process / service that is doing all the work. The other is the foreground process that is displaying on the BI on your screen. I am not sure what the BlueIrisService is.

The BlueIris program that has the most amount or memory and CPU time is own by SYSTEM. This is wrong the user SYSTEM does not have the rights to write to the NAS. This is your problem.

In the BI service settings set the owner and password to Goldstein. use the "Use this account similar to
BI_Service_1.jpg

BI_SEREVICE_2.jpg

BI_SERVICE_3.jpg

Reaction score
I did as suggested and now when I go into properties it shows Goldstein

however task manager still shows system, even after reboot

I’m wondering if this is because when I installed BI it was under-my Microsoft online account

I created the local account Goldstein afterwards

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Confirm my understanding of your configuration...

BI system is named WINSERVER
User account you log into on WINSERVER is Goldstein
WINSERVER drive C appears to be the system drive
WINSERVER drive D appears to be local drive used by BI
WINSERVER drive Z appears to be mapped to NAS; \\Diskstation\BlueIris

NAS' CIFS/Netbios name is DiskStation
User account you log into DiskStation is Goldstein
NAS' share name of storage is BlueIris
User account GoldStein on NAS has been granted full access (read/write)

====================

Is all of the above is true?

If so and the permissions/access error message persists then
1) the password for WINSERVER\Goldstein and DiskStation\Goldstein are different
or
2) WINSERVER\Goldstein (.\Goldstein) is not the credentials defined for the BI Service
or
3) both of the above

Make the appropriate change and/changes and reboot the BI server. Depending on how Z was assigned, you may need to delete the current mapping and remap.