Configuring a Teltonika RUT950

aburfitt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone I have a question which is probably pretty straight forward and I am sure I am missing something.
I was using a Dovado Router for my IP camera that was port forwarded so I could connect remotely using DDNS.
I have recently bought a Teltonika RUT950 router to use with the IP Camera but I am having trouble getting it to show as a Connected device under LAN.
I am using a Dahua SD-2224 Mini PTZ camera and it is setup with a Static IP Address.
The RUT950 doesn't recognise it as a connected device so my port forwarding rules don't work.
If I change it from static to DHCP then it shows straight away as a connected device.
I need the Camera set as a Static as I need to port forward it to allow remote connection.
I have checked the Gateway address and all other standard settings but it wont connect as a Static device.
If I connect it to my home router it shows straight away.
I tried connecting my laptop to the router as well and it doesn’t show as a connected device when setup as Static IP but does when set as DHCP.
The Dahua worked fine connected to the Dovado router as a Static Device so I am obviously missing something, probably something obvious.
Does anyone have experience with these routers or can see what I am missing in the settings?
If anyone able to shed some light on what it is it would be much appreciated.