Configuring "Ebay" IP Camera

Toffe

n3wb
Reaction score
I've bought this cheap camera for embedding in my overhang roof. Gives a great picture.

But I'm wondering if there is any custom firmwares or updates for it to make it a bit more configurable? It seems to reset to default whenever I reboot it. Changing timezone is not possible, date is alwayswrong. Cannot remove camera name in overlay (only want date).

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 22.16.42.png

Seems like it cannot save anything here. Anyone have a tip for making this camera a bit better? :)

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used the disk that came with a similar camera and Internet explorer. I used an Old Laptop that did not have access to the internet. The camera was setup so that it was on a subnet that did not have access to the internet. I used the laptop to configure the camera, I had to disable a bunch of windows security to get the software to load on the laptop. After configuring the camera. I complete wiped the Windows laptop and reinstalled windows.

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have a similar poe cam, you can configure them by going to its ip address via IE, without using the supplied disk, i managed to change the options, and get it to save and survive a reboot, i have also got it to work with a HIkvison NVR under HIK plug and play, just cannot figure out how i get to the cameras config page thru the NVRs camera management link

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
just cannot figure out how i get to the cameras config page thru the NVRs camera management link
Have you enabled 'Virtual Host' in the NVR web GUI?
Network configuration | Advanced settings
This should then provide the NATed links in the right-hand column of Camera Configuration.

Toffe

n3wb
Reaction score
@mycatjest - Cannot seem to be able to configure anything via the WebGUI?

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 16.38.19.png

And using ONVIF does not work. Do not have a CD for it. So no way of setting correct timezone maybe. :p

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
did you use Internet explorer rather than edge or chrome?

Toffe

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! I had to try again and allow the ActiveX plugin. Now it seems to be working, and I got to configure it just as I wanted.

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
there ok cameras for the price point, still trying to suss some of the settings out for night time usage

Toffe

n3wb
Reaction score
Haha! Unfortunally nature is not my strongest interest. Electornics are. But as a guy who grew up away from the city I'm really happy with my choice of living place. 15 minutes from the city and still have lots of forest and animal life around keeping it "calm". :)