Confused by Dahua Software

Reaction score
Hi All- I'm having some trouble managing the DVR software at work. We have 31 IP cameras and 1 co-ax. We've recently had some work done and had to reorder our video feeds on the main screen.

I'm learning slowly- but I think I've come across the root of the problem I'm having with simply re-naming our cameras. In the picture below is a sample section of our main feed screen. As you can see, the Channel Title is present in the bottom left corner of each feed, and in the bottom right corner is what I assume to be the Camera Name. Since re-ordering the feeds, we'd just like to re-name them to be in order going from right to left, top to bottom.

From my reading in the user manual, I should be able to go to Menu > Camera > Camera Name - but I do not have an option for Camera Name in the Camera menu. Below are link examples; I found a youtube video that shows the expected options, but mine appear differently, can anyone explain why- and how I might be able to go about re-numbering the cameras? The company we work with tried to tell us to just rename the channel (bottom left) for each camera, but the font size is too small to see from a distance- and we would still be left with unordered numbers on the bottom right of each feed.

Expected Options
Actual Options

Device Model is X54A5L
Hardware Version is V1.0
Software Version is V4.001.0000000.15

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can name them in overlay.
But it sounds like you may be wanting to both rename and relocate on screen?

Reaction score
You can name them in overlay.
But it sounds like you may be wanting to both rename and relocate on screen?
They've already been relocated on the screen. Overlay allows me to change the Channel Title but as I mentioned earlier; this text is too small to read at a distance so I'd prefer to use the Camera Name feature, but I can't find that in the Camera settings.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I presume it looks similar for the older web interface.
I'm using the newer NVR4.0 software on my recorder.

Generally, the setting is under camera > encode > overlay.
The 'setting' next to 'channel title' gives the option to move where the text is on the image.

1675295081887.png

Reaction score
I presume it looks similar for the older web interface.
I'm using the newer NVR4.0 software on my recorder.

Generally, the setting is under camera > encode > overlay.
The 'setting' next to 'channel title' gives the option to move where the text is on the image.
Your "ENCODE" menu shows entirely different options. While you have "Encode Mode, Snapshot, and Overlay" I have only "Audio/Video and Snapshot"

Its wild to me that these GUIs can vary so extremely!

Here's what my screen shows:

Here's my Overlay screen:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's my Overlay screen:

There's the channel name at the bottom.
Change it from 'IPC' to something else.

Your "ENCODE" menu shows entirely different options. While you have "Encode Mode, Snapshot, and Overlay" I have only "Audio/Video and Snapshot"
Its wild to me that these GUIs can vary so extremely!
Here's what my screen shows:
I took that screen snip from the web interface of the NVR.

This is what my NVR's connected monitor shows in settings:
1675298250994.png

You have a DVR because there is 'HDCVI' as a menu.
My cameras are all IP ones, so that also explains the option for 'POE' I have (Power over Ethernet to power the cameras from the NVR).
'Customised title' setting is because this camera supports extra text over lay.

The menu's on Dahua and Hikvision recorder units change depending on what they are capable of.

Reaction score
There's the channel name at the bottom.
Change it from 'IPC' to something else.

I took that screen snip from the web interface of the NVR.

This is what my NVR's connected monitor shows in settings:

You have a DVR because there is 'HDCVI' as a menu.
My cameras are all IP ones, so that also explains the option for 'POE' I have (Power over Ethernet to power the cameras from the NVR).
'Customised title' setting is because this camera supports extra text over lay.

The menu's on Dahua and Hikvision recorder units change depending on what they are capable of.
Right right, I mentioned in my original post it is a DVR. I also mentioned I'm avoiding naming my feeds with Channel Names because the font is too small to see.

To the bottom right of each feed is a random digit, they correlate to "D1, D2, D3, D4" etc when I'm searching footage- so I assume these are the individual camera names and that is what I'd like to change.

You can see IPC/Channel Name in the bottom left of each feed- far too small to see from the office desk. Additionally; when searching footage, Cameras are sorted and labeled by Name, not Channel- so it would be better to be able to name them instead of using the channel title.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
To the bottom right of each feed is a random digit, they correlate to "D1, D2, D3, D4" etc when I'm searching footage- so I assume these are the individual camera names and that is what I'd like to change.
Ah sorry, I just saw the generic 'IPC' title and thought that was wanting to be changed.

You cannot change or remove the number beside each camera. Those appear in the live view from the DVR and it not recorded into the video.
You need to physically unplug and reorder the cameras to change the numbering order.

You can see IPC/Channel Name in the bottom left of each feed- far too small to see from the office desk. Additionally; when searching footage, Cameras are sorted and labeled by Name, not Channel- so it would be better to be able to name them instead of using the channel title.
Channel number is ultimately what sorts the order when playing back in Smart PSS, web interface, DVR interface or mobile app.
What you name the channel is what text appears.

Take this for example:
Here is channel 3 to 7 in SmartPSS software.
It makes it much easier to find a camera if you name them all appropriately rather than leaving the generic "IPC" (my one says CAM #).
1675374979055.png