Connect Samsung "IP Camera" to NVR

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
We had a Samsung SDC-5200 DVR that had 4 Ethernet ports, and 12 coaxial, I had 10 coax cameras and 2 ethernet.
Dvr went bad, we got New DVR/NVR hybrid. All coax device are working fine, But now ethernet ones are not starting up via Netgear POE switch. Im guessing Ethernet ports on them are not topical Lan cable pin-outs.
DO you guys know if it possible to change pin-out for it to work, and if yes what that would be?
2 Cameras are Sumsung sdc-9440 bun

I was even thinking that these cameras are not truly IP camera, It has Ethernet connection, but I think it is some embedded Samsung system not based on IP.
Does anybody knows if it its possible to make that camera work with some kind Ethernet to coax converter?

Regards,
Mike

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In an attempt to help you, I tried looking up specs on Samsung support site but it is a very badly designed site...got no results on any of those models.

However, one person in an amazon review stated the cams were NOT standard POE, but instead used 12VDC. Now certainly 1 statement by 1 person doesn't stand as absolute fact but if that's true then it's very likely the DVR is not outputting to any real POE standard also.

Until you can determine the real specs I would not connect those cams to a standard POE switch.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - TonyR did a great job ...

I could also not find a spec sheet on that camera. I would recommend going to the samsung site and entering the full product number and searching for a proper data sheet
Support | Camera | Samsung

Here's 2 amazon reviews worth looking closer at.

Useless without its own power supply since it uses a non standar PoE solution (12V instead of 48V)
ByH. A. R. Emmanuelon August 18, 2015
Verified Purchase
Non standard PoE and not advertised in the description of the product: it does not come with its own power supply and PoE injector and Samsung tries to sell its own solution with a recorder that costs a lot and has oownly 4 Ethernet imput adding 4 analog inputs
2 people found this helpful

1.0 out of 5 starsNot an IP camera... No RTSP/MJPEG/etc support, only works with Samsung's DVR
ByPersepolison August 15, 2014
Verified Purchase
I recently purchased this camera and found out that apparently it is not an IP camera (therefore it only works with Samsung's own DVR solution). This is definitely my own fault for not researching this more thoroughly--- but when I went to Samsung's US web site and went to the IP Camera section, this camera is listed on the IP Camera landing (under "Category Top Products"). Confused? So am I. So... long story short... Samsung has 96 different camera models, 3 of these (new models) SDC-9440BU, SDC-7340BC, SDC-5340BC have an Ethernet jack, are not usable as an IP cameras without Samsung's DVR.

Plot twist; the camera does operate on a IP network, it does request a DHCP address, but running a port-scan reveals no open services on the IP address.

Sorry I had to mark it as one-star, but I wanted to make sure this fact is more clearly visible to prevent others from making the same error I made.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.