Connecting dlink cameras

Vparagone

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to this software. I have tried multiple types of dlink cameras and based on the dialogue box it appears that the software is communicating, but after the initial handshake it time out requesting the date and time.
Anybody aware of what setting needs to be made to get the cameras to work properly with the software?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am new to this software. I have tried multiple types of dlink cameras and based on the dialogue box it appears that the software is communicating, but after the initial handshake it time out requesting the date and time.
Anybody aware of what setting needs to be made to get the cameras to work properly with the software?
Welcome to the forum..what dlink cameras do you have?
What version of blue iris are you running?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
930, 2310, 2210, 6010, 942, 932 and several others
Latest version of Blu iris, just bought and downloaded yesterday.
Are you selecting the proper camera from the dropdown menu? Are you entering the proper credentials, port, ip, username, password?
What do you mean by "after the initial handshake it time out requesting the date and time."

Vparagone

n3wb
Reaction score
It does log into the device and then I get a message indicating that it is attempting to get the date and time. The program delays a few seconds and then displays a time out message, proceeds with some messages about fiscal cameras and then stops.
If I go to the display screen, it indicates that there is no signal

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It does log into the device and then I get a message indicating that it is attempting to get the date and time. The program delays a few seconds and then displays a time out message, proceeds with some messages about fiscal cameras and then stops.
If I go to the display screen, it indicates that there is no signal
can you post a screen shot of the configuration page in blue iris as well as the error message you are getting?

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Been trying to get 2 DSC 5222L cameras working for 3 weeks with no success. Laptop built in camera works but can't connect to wireless at my home network or my remote camera. DLink light works.I'm at my wits end. E-Mailed BI and no response. Did I waste my money? Ispy will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm determined not to give up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Been trying to get 2 DSC 5222L cameras working for 3 weeks with no success. Laptop built in camera works but can't connect to wireless at my home network or my remote camera. DLink light works.I'm at my wits end. E-Mailed BI and no response. Did I waste my money? Ispy will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm determined not to give up.
Post an image of your configuration settings...it is setup incorrectly.

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
Where would they be?? the IP addresses or what do you need? Can't find a config page

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
Can't copy and paste config page. Just noticed I'm getting Audio but I get message No Signal. Socket Error 10053 so I guess it has to be connected to the camera somehow. Am I missing a codec? DSC 5222L

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't copy and paste config page. Just noticed I'm getting Audio but I get message No Signal. Socket Error 10053 so I guess it has to be connected to the camera somehow. Am I missing a codec? DSC 5222L
take a screen shot.
Also the newest version released today has an improved inspect feature.

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this help?

Opening port 81...
HTTP request...
OK
GetSystemDateAndTime...
2015-10-05T19:19:09.000Z
GetCapabilities...
Response!
requesting device information
Manufacturer: D-Link
Model: DCS-5222L
FirmwareVersion: 1.13
has Media services: /onvif/media_service
does not have RTSP/TCP
has PTZ services
Opening port 81...
GetSystemDateAndTime...
2015-10-05T19:19:12.000Z
GetCapabilities...
Response!
requesting device information
Manufacturer: D-Link
Model: DCS-5222L
FirmwareVersion: 1.13
has Media services: /onvif/media_service
does not have RTSP/TCP
has PTZ services
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@A KYou need to post a screenshot of the settings...if you want to do a teamviewer session I can better help you.

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
@A KYou need to post a screenshot of the settings...if you want to do a teamviewer session I can better help you.
I'll have to get it later. Have the router all screwed up now. I apriciate the help. I'm getting audeo but no signal.