Connecting passive microphone to Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS dome camera audio terminal

aalglatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question about Hikvision audio terminal, just got few DS-2CD2132F-IS cameras, but their audio input is something different than I was expecting.

The task is to connection 3.5" audio extention lead with passive mic to the camera to allow recording with sound.

Seems straight-forward, but I don't know how to wire that into Hikvision auido input. Does anyone had simmilar expirence and can shed some light how to do it correctly?
Would appreciate any help and advice, thank you.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

aalglatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Connecting passive microphone to Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS dome camera audio termi

Thanks for link, I read that post but there's nothing on Audio Input/microphones there.
Couldn't fidn anything relevant either.

They are labeled, but how to wire phono stereo extention cable there with 2 wires per channel? Is it even possible without amilification or power?

aalglatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Connecting passive microphone to Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS dome camera audio termi

Thanks, so there's no difference in what goes in GND and I?

hikcamuser

n3wb
Reaction score

If you have a black wire on the microphone cord, hook that up to GND. If there's no black, but you have a bare and a jacketed wire, then connect the bare wire to the GND terminal. The other wire goes to the I terminal (input). At the end of the day, it is a microphone (passive device), even if you wire it in reverse, it should not damage anything (neither the mic nor the camera).

xuvisku

n3wb
Reaction score

hello guys
I installed a mic in my Hikvision DS- 2CD2132F -IS and it worked perfectly. I made a recording for testing and after I play the file was without recording audio , recording only the image . It is not possible to record sound or have to do something in configurations ? thank you

EDIT: I could record sound !I changed the coding for mp2l2 and it worked !

Last edited by a moderator: