Connecting RCA HSDB1 to Hikvision DS-7104NI-SN/P

Reaction score
So I am very new to IP cameras, but frankly I am not even sure if what I want to do is possible...

I bought a RCA HSDB1 doorbell camera with the understanding this was a rebranded Hikvision. I see plenty of people who got it working with Blue Iris.

To add to my confusion, even after factory reset my Hikvision NVR show 4 cameras as if they are hard set. If I try to use auto-add it tells me I have no channels available. If I try to delete one of the 4 existing ones, it will not let me. Now I have ZERO other cameras connected, the doorbell will be the first one.

Could someone give me some rough instructions on how I can get this done? Or is this NVR basically locked to 4 channels only coming directly into its 4 ethernet ports?

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I am very new to IP cameras, but frankly I am not even sure if what I want to do is possible...

I bought a RCA HSDB1 doorbell camera with the understanding this was a rebranded Hikvision. I see plenty of people who got it working with Blue Iris.

To add to my confusion, even after factory reset my Hikvision NVR show 4 cameras as if they are hard set. If I try to use auto-add it tells me I have no channels available. If I try to delete one of the 4 existing ones, it will not let me. Now I have ZERO other cameras connected, the doorbell will be the first one.

Could someone give me some rough instructions on how I can get this done? Or is this NVR basically locked to 4 channels only coming directly into its 4 ethernet ports?
I have the Uniden version of the Hikvision doorbell and have it connected to a DS-7104NI-SN. When connecting the doorbell to the NVR you have to use manual configuration, select Hikvision protocol. After entering username and password just wait for the connection to complete. The page may not refresh automatically to show connection is complete. I am able to setup motion detection through NVR and schedule recordings. I'm trying to figure out how to have the NVR send emails snap shots upon motion detection? No luck so far.