Connecting to a old DVR with Blue Iris

iross1932

n3wb
Reaction score
My first post. Hope I'm doing this correctly.

Trying to connect a H.264 DVR to Blue Iris version 5. The business has 9 analog cameras and would love to have Blue Iris manage the cameras. I tried connecting the DVR by letting BI Find/inspect located the DVR. It does But I cannot connect to the cameras. Attached images are below.

Thanks

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Confirm that the ports on the DVR match what is here. As well as password.

Try changing the camera number on the find/inspect screen - each camera on the DVR will correspond to a different number and they may not match what is on the DVR. Mine were one off and so camera number 1 on the DVR was number 2 in BI. Once you find the sequence, then you just add camera and copy this one and then change the camera number.

iross1932

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. The DVR does not have port settings. The port it has is the http port, which is port 80. The find/inspect show a Foscam and a Cantonk with port 34567. I guessing that these are the cameras that are connected. I do not know the name of the attached camera. The cameras are attahced around the building. I guess I need to pull out the ladder and take a look.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No you are good - the Find/Inspect usually does a great job of figuring out which settings to use. No need to get a ladder out.

Confirm that the user and PW is correct - you can get that message if it is wrong. Plus some of these units only seem to want to work right with the given admin username, so I suggest you try that and do a find/inspect.

Then go into that middle area of the Find/Inspect screen and start changing camera numbers.

iross1932

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I checked and rechecked the user name and password. I tried every camera port and get the same error. Should I purchase a new DVR system?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Who makes the DVR?

Did you try admin?

By camera port you mean camera number?