Connection issues with lorex LNR380 w/tinycan pro

KJ19

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I am having some issues connecting to the cameras that are behind an older LNR380.

I believe the actual manufacturer of the cameras is hikivison. I can access the NVR perfectly fine both through the PC client and the Android app. Tinycam is also working fine with my wyze cams. It appears that tinycam can connect to the NVR, but it doesn't present any cameras. I have attached two screen shots that seem relevant. Would appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

KJ19

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the correct address for the NVR. I don't even get one camera to show up.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the correct address for the NVR. I don't even get one camera to show up.
Did you get to the part about setting channel numbers?
EDIT: The screenshot shows RTSP port at 554 which is standard but the default for the LNR380 could be 1025.
Have you logged into the NVR to insure that the RTSP port jives with Tinycam's "554" ?

Last edited:

KJ19

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah. I went into the settings and tried each channel from 1 to 4. Unfortunately it didn't work. ☹

KJ19

n3wb
Reaction score
I did try an rstp url as lorex specified, and I also tried a generic url with the user name and password as tinycam shows. I got the same result as before. A secure connection but with the rstp protocol. Now I fully admit that I may not have the right process, url or other syntax correct. I would love to see an example for the rstp protocol is anyone has one.

KJ19

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes as far as I know. But the main way the NVR server video isn't rstp. So I have never had a rstp stream work with this device.