Connection Problem with IPC-T5442TM-AS

dingsmail

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, everyone,
after the suggestions here in the forum I ordered an IPC-T5442TM-AS from Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY ) over Aliexpress.
Today the camera arrived. Unfortunately I have the following problem and can't get any further here:

If I connect this camera directly to my PC via POE injector, I can access the camera via IP 192.168.1.108.
However, as soon as I statically assign a different IP address from my network or configure DHCP and connect the camera to my router, I can no longer access the camera from my PC.
If I have configured DHCP, the camera will also be assigned an IP address from the correct network, but I can neither retrieve this address in the browser nor can I reach it via ping.
If I connect the camera directly to the PC again, I can reach the camera again. I tried this with to different routers and both have the same problem.
I never had problems with other cameras from Dahua at this point.
In the meantime, I have already done a firmware update and reset the camera several times.
Unfortunately, due to this issue I am not able to connect the camera with Blue Iris, which is my real goal. With other cameras from Dahua I never had problems here.
I would be very grateful for help, otherwise I will unfortunately have to send the camera back.
Many greetings
Bene

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're connecting to your network after changing the IP you also need to change the default gateway. If you want the camera to "talk" on the internet you also need to change the DNS service address.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the internal / local IP address of your router ?
What is the internal / local IP address of your BI computer ?
What is the ip address assigned to the camera ?
What is you router make and model ?
From the PC do a ping of the assign IP address when the camera is connected. Do you get a response
From the PC do a ping of the assign IP address when the camera is NOT connected. Do you get a response

======================================
Private ip addresses. Local IP addresses. These addresses are NOT used by the internet. They are for your local home/business network.
10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

Reaction score
Are you sure the camera is powered up? You mention that you cannot connect to the camera when it is plugged into your router. Are you using the POE injector?

dingsmail

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the quick responses.
The camera is supposed to be internal only.
Basically, I have set up a dedicated VLAN in OpnSense for this, which has no connection to the outside. This is also where the BlueIris server is located.
From my PC I have set up an activation to access this network. I have already installed an IPC-HFW2831S-S-S2 camera in it, with which I had no problems.
The camera is assigned an IP via DHCP (192.168.103.105) - alternatively I tried it with a static IP in this network (192.168.103.13). I can't access both addresses with my PC or BlueIris - a virtual machine with the IP 192.168.103.90, which is located in the same network.

To narrow down the error further, I have connected my PC and the camera as the only devices to a router (FritzBox) for testing. The camera gets the IP 192.168.178.39 via DHCP, the PC has the IP 192.168.178.32 - see screenshot below.
From my PC no access to the camera is possible.
The camera is connected to the router via POE injector (TP-Link TL-POE150S).
If I now connect the camera directly (Via Input of the POE Injector) to the laptop (static assignment of the IP address 192.168.178.32 on the laptop), I can access the camera (192.168.178.39).
In any scenario with a switch or router in between, access will not work.
This is a completely unknown behavior for me that I have never experienced before and unfortunately I cannot understand it.

The camera has power in all scenarios. Otherwise the router would not be able to recognize it and assign an IP address via DHCP.

Attachments

dingsmail

n3wb
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Do you heard of any other customer, who has this problem with this batch of cameras? the paket says date: 2020-06.
So this is a suprisingly new charge.
The more i try to connect to this camera over different ways, the more i think, this is a problem of this (charge of?) camera.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of your problems is caused by the router firewall blocking the camera, no local video traffic ever runs through the router.

As the camera works with the laptop directly, your problem is your network or the VM, not the camera.

Provide a detailed network drawing, with manufactures,model and iP address of all equipment, Indicate wireless and wired connections.

dingsmail

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi SoutherYankke,
thanks for your answer.

In the simple setup with the FritzBox Router every component is in the same subnet.
So there should be no blocking through a firewall - the camera has the ip 192.168.178.39 and the PC has 192.168.178.32.
The router (AVM FritzBox 6490 Cable) has the IP 192.168.178.1. So in my opinion there is no routing in this simple setup, in which a firewall could block something.
In this simple case the Router should just act like a switch. Like i said, with every other camera i have, there is no problem.
Or am i missing something here.

I have now tried this additionally in my father's network and also there I cannot get a connection through a PC in the same network. With the other camera from Dahua i have it was no problem there either.
Both get an address in the same subnet via DHCP.
I can access the other Dahua (IPC-HFW2831S-S-S2) without problems from the PC, but not this new one (IPC-T5442TM-AS).
I have reset both of them to the factory settings and only made the initial configuration via a direct connection (language set, admin password set and switched to DHCP). So there should be exactly the same initial situation.
I work in the IT sector and thought until now that i am familiar with networks. Unfortunately I have never encountered such a problem before.
I just don't understand why a direct connection works, but not as soon as there is a router in between, which is in the same network and therefore should only act as a switch that assigns an address via DHCP.
Since this works with any other device without any problems, I think this is probably the case with this camera.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I just don't understand why a direct connection works, but not as soon as there is a router in between, which is in the same network and therefore should only act as a switch that assigns an address via DHCP.
Perhaps try with an actual unmanaged switch between the PC and the camera, but no other IP devices connected to the switch, to see if there is actually a packet routing problem that a switch can't handle for some reason. Simple configuration errors can get the best of us.

If it doesn't work behind an unmanaged switch, that strongly implies a problem with the camera firmware.

dingsmail

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @bp2008,
using an unmanaged switch with no other devices as the camera and the pc connected it works like if i connect them directly.
But as soon as I try the same with the FritzBox (router), it doesn't work. On the router itself I did not change any settings that differ from the standard. Also the router from my father corresponds to the standard provided by the provider, which is no problem with the other Dahua camera.
Also this does not work with my mangeable main switch (TP-Link T2600G-28TS), which I use behind my OpnSense. This would be the actual target device to which the camera should be connected like the others. So it seems to be a problem that only exists with this device.

Hi @IAmATeaf,
I tried this additionally on a managed POE switch (TP-Link T1500G-10PS(TL-SG2210P)) and an unmanaged POE switch (D-Link DGS-1008P 8-Port Gigabit PoE Unmanaged Desktop Switch).
With both I unfortunately have the same behavior as with the TP-Link POE-Injector.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You say you have a single subnet, but you mention both 192.168.103.x and IP 192.168.178.x

1) USE A true unmanaged POE switch, not an injector, use the D-Link DGS-1008P
2) use a new cat 5 or 6 pre-made, store purchased Ethernet cable., not home made.
3) do not us DHCP for BI or the cameras, static ip addresses always.
4) do a hard rest on the dahua that will set the IP address back to 192.168.1.108.
5) have the laptop connected to the POE switch that has the camera.
6) use the IP config tool to access the camera. DahuaWiki run the tool on the laptop,
7) use the laptop to access the camera not the computer using the VM.

dingsmail

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @SouthernYankee,

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear.
The subnet 192.168.103.x is the actual target network into which the camera is to be sent. This one I have closed off from the Internet by a firewall. Here an OpnSense firewall acts as a router.
Since the camera did not work in this network - I have a total of 6 other cameras in this network where these problems do not exist - I tried the connection via a simple scenario at another router (the Fritzbox in the subnet 192.168.178.x) to exclude routing problems in my complicated setup. This setup has nothing to do with the actual target scenario on the 192.168.103.x network.

Unfortunately, the camera does not work in this simple setup on the Fritzbox, where I am only talking about the 192.168.178.x network, nor in my father's simple network. With all other cameras I have no problem in this scenario.

To your points:
1) Unfortunately, this doesn't work either when I connect this to the Fritzbox and run it on the 192.168.178.x network. It behaves 1:1 like with the POE Injector. The goal must be that I bring the camera into the 192.168.103.x net. Connected to a TP-Link T1500G-10PS(TL-SG2210P). So far this worked without problems with the other cameras. Even the Dahua IPC-HFW2831S-S-S2, which should not differ from the network configuration here.
2) I use Cat 6 cables bought for the test and have already tried different ones to avoid errors
3) Yes, that is also my goal. Per static IP I had also tested the camera first and could not establish a connection. For troubleshooting, however, configuring the camera via DHCP was easier because I can see the DHCP advertisement in the router.
4) As described in the first post, I have already tried several times without success. I can only access the IP 192.168.1.108 via direct connection or unmanaged switch. As soon as I want to change the IP statically or via DHCP and use this via router, I fail with this camera.
5) Yes, this is how I can access the camera and make the settings. Unfortunately this does not help me, because the camera has to be connected to the TP-Link T1500G-10PS(TL-SG2210P) at its destination. Here I do not have the possibility to use an unmanaged connection.
6) Yes, I used that on my laptop and hoped that the camera would behave differently. Unfortunately there is no difference in the result between configuring the camera via browser or the tool. Or am I possibly missing a crucial option to be set here?
7) Yes, for the simple test I only tried this via laptop and failed as soon as I connected the camera and laptop to a router in the same network. The camera seems to behave differently on an unmanaged switch than on a router despite the same network. This behavior only affects this camera. I don't have this problem with any other camera.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just to be clear the camera works when the address is 192.168.1.108. But does not work when the address is anything else.

DO NOT use a router for this test

Test with the laptop with a Static IP address of 192.168.103.x and the camera with the IP address of 192.168.1.108. interconnect using the D-Link DGS-1008P . Can you access the camera using the Dahua IP config program? Can you access the camera using a browser ?

With the dahua IP config tool change the IP address of the camera to 192.168.103.x . Cycle the power on the camera. Can you access the camera using the Dahua IP config program? Can you access the camera using a browser ?

dingsmail

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
because in my opinion the suspicion that there is a problem with the camera has become more and more confirmed, I have now downloaded the firmware (DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_Market_V2.800.0000000.10.10.R.191118) from .
Since the installation of this firmware the camera behaves as desired and I was able to install it into my target structure.
Thanks for your support.
If someone encounters similar problems in the future, this thread might help him.
Thanks and best regards
Bene