Connections in BI5 help

Reaction score
Looking for a little guidance. I'm not a tech expert, but have read most of the wiki's and guides. When I look at the status screen in BI and go to the connections tab there have been numerous connection to my system from IP's that are not authorized and look very suspect. The locations are from various countries. I have attached screen shots from the last couple days. BI and all cameras are set up on their own VLAN. I do not have remote viewing enabled on BI. Thanks for any tips or guidance...happy to send over any necessary screenshots of setup.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for a little guidance. I'm not a tech expert, but have read most of the wiki's and guides. When I look at the status screen in BI and go to the connections tab there have been numerous connection to my system from IP's that are not authorized and look very suspect. The locations are from various countries. I have attached screen shots from the last couple days. BI and all cameras are set up on their own VLAN. I do not have remote viewing enabled on BI. Thanks for any tips or guidance...happy to send over any necessary screenshots of setup.
This indicates that someone is landing on your blue iris webserver page. You likely port forwarded a port or went through the remote viewing setup and used upnp. Disable upnp on your router and disable all port forwarding rules.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks...The enable web server port WAS checked..although I never went through the setup. I have unchecked that box. Any other locations within BI to check ? No port forwarding rules on router.
Even if the web server port was checked that would not grant access from the outside you must have UPNP enabled on the router make sure it’s disabled. You will need the web server enabled if you want local access to it.