Constant Crashing - R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call

Kalibr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been trying to track down the cause of BlueIris crashing at least once, sometimes 2-3 times per day.

It starts with one of the camera feeds going to "No Signal", sometimes after a few seconds the feed will come back and BlueIris will continue on unaffected.

The other times, a few seconds after the feed goes to "No Signal" a R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call Run-Time Error will come up, upon pressing "Ok" on the error window, BlueIris will close.

I started out by reinstalling/repair all the C++ Redistributable's, running chkdsk, scanning/repair system files, etc. No luck.

I then decided to attach a debugger to BlueIris and wait for it to crash. I now believe the error to be caused in "igdumdim64.dll" which is part of the Intel HD Graphics Driver.

I have re-installed the latest graphics driver (*that my computer supports*) from intel which hasn't solved the problem.

I am posting this here as I do not know what else I can try to make this issue go away.

(Supporting pictures attached)

Edit : the computer I am running BlueIris on is a Dell Inspiron 660s

debugger-break.jpg driver-version.jpg BlueIris-Error.jpg

Last edited:

Kalibr

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently found a solution to this and wanted to post an update for other people who may stumble here.

Solution:

In [Blue Iris Options > Startup Tab] I enabled "Run as a Windows service (no UI, run again for console)"

When this is enabled, blue iris runs in the background as a service, but when the application itself is run, it opens up to the GUI as it would be normally.

Haven't had an issue since then, going on about 4 days now.

Hope this information can be of use to someone.

Reaction score
I have been having the exact same problem. Very annoying. I changed it to run as a service as well. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
have you emailed support?
I have not. Is the support decent? I don't have time for the "have you restarted your computer?" class of responses.

The data Kalibr provided is immensely more valuable since he figured out it is graphics driver related and has tested a workaround.

At this point, if I do email support, I'll just point them at this thread.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not. Is the support decent? I don't have time for the "have you restarted your computer?" class of responses.

The data Kalibr provided is immensely more valuable since he figured out it is graphics driver related and has tested a workaround.

At this point, if I do email support, I'll just point them at this thread.
Well if you never emailed support then the problem will never be solved...
Support is provided directly by the one man developer..(sometimes he has an assistant respond)..blue iris is essentially a one man show...not dell india tech support..support will not read threads...you must email providing the data in the about tab...select email support now...
I dont understand this attitude of I dont have time for x....at least try...seems like you have time to fiddle with it and post...

Reaction score
Well if you never emailed support then the problem will never be solved...
Support is provided directly by the one man developer..(sometimes he has an assistant respond)..blue iris is essentially a one man show...not dell india tech support..support will not read threads...you must email providing the data in the about tab...select email support now...
I dont understand this attitude of I dont have time for x....at least try...seems like you have time to fiddle with it and post...
Took me 60 seconds to switch to running it as a service. This post actually came up in the top of my search results for "R6035 Pure Function Call Blue Iris".

Yes, I do have a bit of an attitude toward support. As you mentioned, Dell India support is not a fun activity, so I generally try to avoid it. One time I had a 20 hour support call (2x 10hr calls actually). Just yesterday, I tried connecting Frontier FIOS and their call volume meant that the wait alone was 1+ hour. They were so busy that the online chat even said it was too busy! Contacted them on twitter and they said the best they could do was call back within 7 days - apparently they're buried because of the weather. Anyway, just wanted to provide some context. :)

Since you mentioned the support is good, I'll definitely shoot him an email and report back.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Took me 60 seconds to switch to running it as a service. This post actually came up in the top of my search results for "R6035 Pure Function Call Blue Iris".

Yes, I do have a bit of an attitude toward support. As you mentioned, Dell India support is not a fun activity, so I generally try to avoid it. One time I had a 20 hour support call (2x 10hr calls actually). Just yesterday, I tried connecting Frontier FIOS and their call volume meant that the wait alone was 1+ hour. They were so busy that the online chat even said it was too busy! Contacted them on twitter and they said the best they could do was call back within 7 days - apparently they're buried because of the weather. Anyway, just wanted to provide some context. :)

Since you mentioned the support is good, I'll definitely shoot him an email and report back.
Support is email only...all you would need to do is copy paste..not wait on hold...there are different levels of support available..you also should have a valid support license (its good for the first year)...
Blue Iris Support
You may have to wait for a response...though its generally quick...remember there is one guy writing this code and providing support.

Reaction score
Support is email only...all you would need to do is copy paste..not wait on hold...there are different levels of support available..you also should have a valid support license (its good for the first year)...
Blue Iris Support
You may have to wait for a response...though its generally quick...remember there is one guy writing this code and providing support.
Yep, just emailed. Thanks!

Reaction score
So far I got an email back saying my support expired. He did follow up with some questions, so I'll answer those. Other than that, the workaround seems to be working great so unless he wants to pursue a fix I'm going to consider it resolved.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So far I got an email back saying my support expired. He did follow up with some questions, so I'll answer those. Other than that, the workaround seems to be working great so unless he wants to pursue a fix I'm going to consider it resolved.
Yes that makes sense..if you want support you gotta pay..