Constant Record + Motion Triggers

FR9Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, I've been reading quite a bit here and I've found some useful info. But I've run into a bit of a wall on what I'm trying to do, which in my mind seems like it should be cake. I have 4 cameras, and I have each camera set to record 24/7. I have also configured the motion detection settings for each camera. What I'm trying to achieve is some kind of blip or mark on the time line when motion is triggered, or just something easy to find. Right now, all I get is one giant solid blue bar on the time line. If I open a camera recording individually, I can click the skip to next event, and it just skips ahead 10 minutes. I know I'm missing something stupid easy here, and I greatly appreciate your help!

Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, I've been reading quite a bit here and I've found some useful info. But I've run into a bit of a wall on what I'm trying to do, which in my mind seems like it should be cake. I have 4 cameras, and I have each camera set to record 24/7. I have also configured the motion detection settings for each camera. What I'm trying to achieve is some kind of blip or mark on the time line when motion is triggered, or just something easy to find. Right now, all I get is one giant solid blue bar on the time line. If I open a camera recording individually, I can click the skip to next event, and it just skips ahead 10 minutes. I know I'm missing something stupid easy here, and I greatly appreciate your help!

Thank you
You have likely misconfigured recording... Recording should be set to continuous not continuous +trigger...
When you set it to continuous the alert markers will still be there for motion alerts.

FR9Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
I do have it set for continuous. However, over a 12 hour period there were just the 4 12 hours clips on the right hand side in the clip viewer. And in the timeline, just one solid blue bar. There are no visual indicators that the camera detected motion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do have it set for continuous. However, over a 12 hour period there were just the 4 12 hours clips on the right hand side in the clip viewer. And in the timeline, just one solid blue bar. There are no visual indicators that the camera detected motion.
Post your record tab settings

FR9Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the triggers. One thing I did change on the recording tab, was the include JPEGs on "All clips" thing at the very bottom, and it is now showing me a screenshot on the right side. But it also, won't open it. When I double click that jpeg, it says the file cannot be found.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the triggers. One thing I did change on the recording tab, was the include JPEGs on "All clips" thing at the very bottom, and it is now showing me a screenshot on the right side. But it also, won't open it. When I double click that jpeg, it says the file cannot be found.
The actual motion settings...
Also uncheck show jpeg

FR9Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright, I will uncheck it. BUt that is the only way I can get it to show in the timeline?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, I will uncheck it. BUt that is the only way I can get it to show in the timeline?
You are doing something wrong... Give each camera a distinct event color...then make sure you have not selected only a siglsi camera to view on the timeline

FR9Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
You are doing something wrong... Give each camera a distinct event color...then make sure you have not selected only a siglsi camera to view on the timeline
How do I check to see if a single camera is set in the timeline?