Constant recording AND motion triggering at the same time

HerrHS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a special use case for blue iris and do not really get it to work. I want to constantly record all cameras and limit the storage to 7 days. However, during night hours I want to continue constant recording BUT ALSO want some cameras to trigger motion and send a mail if that's the case.
Obviously I can only draw one profile at the same time in the cam options, can't I? How can I do what I want blue iris to do?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a special use case for blue iris and do not really get it to work. I want to constantly record all cameras and limit the storage to 7 days. However, during night hours I want to continue constant recording BUT ALSO want some cameras to trigger motion and send a mail if that's the case.
Obviously I can only draw one profile at the same time in the cam options, can't I? How can I do what I want blue iris to do?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Easy, set recording to constant, then setup motion detection and alerts to be sent on trigger...you dont need two profiles.

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you only want notifications during the night and not during the day you need 2 schedules. Schedule one could be for day time and set the cams to continuous recording without alerts then set schedule two for night with continuous recording and alerts that trigger your email notifications.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
lviperz, is correct, I missed the part about only wanting alerts at night.

HerrHS

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for being such an idiot, but I don't get it. I go to Options > Schedule. I click enable and add a new schedule, which I call, let's say MOTION TRIGGERING AT NIGHT - Then I Need to select a Profile to draw. Which one do I take?

It is so confusing...sorry

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for being such an idiot, but I don't get it. I go to Options > Schedule. I click enable and add a new schedule, which I call, let's say MOTION TRIGGERING AT NIGHT - Then I Need to select a Profile to draw. Which one do I take?

It is so confusing...sorry
The schedule box should be all green/profile1. Select another profile from the dropdown, profile 2. Draw draw profile 2 for the night hours.
Now for recording and motion set profile 1 and two to be the same. Go to the record tab, select profile 1, set it. Then select profile 2 from the drop down and set the same exact settings. Do the same for the cameras motion tab. Then in the camera alert tab, only set alerts for profile 1.

HerrHS

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! Are you talking about the schedule box in the cam's Option page with which I can override the general schedule settngs or the General schedule page?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Are you talking about the schedule box in the cam's Option page with which I can override the general schedule settngs or the General schedule page?
No, leave the cams schedule disabled..do everything in the general schedule.

HerrHS

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, but it won't work. I set up both schedules like you said and both work individually but not simultaneously. I have constant recording during day time but as soon as the night motion schedule starts (9pm) I get motion alerts but the recording stops which I can tell from the missing red dot and frame around the video.

There must be something wrong but I don't get it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but it won't work. I set up both schedules like you said and both work individually but not simultaneously. I have constant recording during day time but as soon as the night motion schedule starts (9pm) I get motion alerts but the recording stops which I can tell from the missing red dot and frame around the video.

There must be something wrong but I don't get it.
You need to understand one simply concept and it will all click in a single aha moment.
Take the record tab as an example....there is a dropdown for each profile...you have to set the record options for EACH profile. So first select profile one and set it. Then select profile 2 in the record tab and set the recording options. Same for the motion and alert tabs.

Reactions: Wen

HerrHS

n3wb
Reaction score
You are right... it clicked in a single aha momet. Did not understand that I had to set continuous in the night trigger profile as well... I changed it and will test it tonight. Thank you very much for your kind help!