Continuous Recording, Pre-Trigger and D2D

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had my system setup for triggered recording with D2D. With that I also had the pre-trigger set and working for an additional 3 seconds. I decided to try out continuous recording and still use the triggered alerts. Does the pre-trigger settings not matter when you do continuous recording? I ask because when I now look at the alerts I'm missing the beginning of the alert that the pre-trigger fixed when doing triggered recording.

Right now all my cameras are set to 20 fps and the iframe is also set to 20. The pre-trigger is set to 60.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had my system setup for triggered recording with D2D. With that I also had the pre-trigger set and working for an additional 3 seconds. I decided to try out continuous recording and still use the triggered alerts. Does the pre-trigger settings not matter when you do continuous recording? I ask because when I now look at the alerts I'm missing the beginning of the alert that the pre-trigger fixed when doing triggered recording.

Right now all my cameras are set to 20 fps and the iframe is also set to 20. The pre-trigger is set to 60.
When you use continuous recording the alert playback will start from the trigger point...the entire recording is still there though..

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you use continuous recording the alert playback will start from the trigger point...the entire recording is still there though..
So should I uncheck pre-trigger or does it matter? I'm assuming the warning for impact only applies when using pre-trigger with triggered recording. So since the cameras are always recording there isn't any additional performance impact?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So should I uncheck pre-trigger or does it matter? I'm assuming the warning for impact only applies when using pre-trigger with triggered recording. So since the cameras are always recording there isn't any additional performance impact?
That sounds right..I havent tested it though..

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, since my new system is an i7 4th gen and with 3 cams set to continuous recording, 1 triggered recording and the BI server console open showing one camera full screen, I'm only at 15% I may not worry too much about it. All the cams are at 2mp also.

Thanks again fenderman, I really appreciate your insight and input.