Continuous recording while also showing alerts?

srg775

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 1 camera set to continuously record but I'm wondering what is the best way to also get motion alerts for that camera?

Ideally, I would want it to just show me where in the timeline there was motion so I can check it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 1 camera set to continuously record but I'm wondering what is the best way to also get motion alerts for that camera?

Ideally, I would want it to just show me where in the timeline there was motion so I can check it.
set to continuous (do NOT use trigger+continuous that serves a different function)...and also setup the motion alerts in the trigger tab...

srg775

n3wb
Reaction score
set to continuous (do NOT use trigger+continuous that serves a different function)...and also setup the motion alerts in the trigger tab...
Thanks again. It is setup like you suggested but I still cannot get any alerts. I have attached my trigger menu to show you how I have it setup. Behind the menu you can see that the timeline is continuously recording (blue bar) but I would also like something show up in the timeline showing there was motion.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again. It is setup like you suggested but I still cannot get any alerts. I have attached my trigger menu to show you how I have it setup. Behind the menu you can see that the timeline is continuously recording (blue bar) but I would also like something show up in the timeline showing there was motion.
Post your record tab

teamRAVEGREEN

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman was right, not surprisingly :) - on your record tab, try 'Create alert list images when triggered'. I also use 'JPEG snapshot each - only when triggered' and 'Include JPEGs on 'All clips' & timelines' as well. Try that first one and go walk in front of your camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it's related to the create alert image when triggered.... It must be checked...

srg775

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I made the changes and this is what I get now.

Now, when there is motion it will save a snapshot picture (jpg) in the "clips" section of to the right but I also get a short video (23 seconds in this example) saved and is labelled "Motion A" but when I double-click on that clip I get a "Unable to open file: 80004005" error code (pic attached). At the top of the viewer there is a path to a .jpg but it doesn't exist.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I made the changes and this is what I get now.

Now, when there is motion it will save a snapshot picture (jpg) in the "clips" section of to the right but I also get a short video (23 seconds in this example) saved and is labelled "Motion A" but when I double-click on that clip I get a "Unable to open file: 80004005" error code (pic attached). At the top of the viewer there is a path to a .jpg but it doesn't exist.
no, undo everything...ONLY check create alert list images....that is it..no need for jpeg snapshots

srg775

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I only checked "create alert list images" and now it gives me the short video in the clips list and no .jpg snapshot but I still have the same problem when I double-click the clip it gives me the error 80004005. (picture above).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I only checked "create alert list images" and now it gives me the short video in the clips list and no .jpg snapshot but I still have the same problem when I double-click the clip it gives me the error 80004005. (picture above).
are you clicking on a video file? if yes, then are you recording to mp4 or bvr?

srg775

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, double clicking on the video file (short length of 10-20 seconds). Set to bvr for everything but as I mentioned above it seems to give the error along with a path on my computer looking for a .jpg file

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, double clicking on the video file (short length of 10-20 seconds). Set to bvr for everything but as I mentioned above it seems to give the error along with a path on my computer looking for a .jpg file
are these new files after you have made the change and disabled jpeg snapshots?

srg775

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, an alert that happened 1 minute ago does the same thing

srg775

n3wb
Reaction score
Ya, same thing. Re-booted entire computer. Cleared all the clips that didn't work, first new motion clip is 14 seconds long but same error when trying to view it. Attached picture

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya, same thing. Re-booted entire computer. Cleared all the clips that didn't work, first new motion clip is 14 seconds long but same error when trying to view it. Attached picture
it is trying to open a jpg file...check your settings, check the folders to ensure you are not creating jpegs..post images of your NEW settings...

srg775

n3wb
Reaction score
New "record" tab attached. Let me know if you need to see anything else. Triggers work fine now, just can't view them.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
New "record" tab attached. Let me know if you need to see anything else. Triggers work fine now, just can't view them.
strange...try deleting that one camera and adding it back...