continuous recording with scheduled alerts

bigt11

n3wb
Reaction score
Im a bit confused on scheduling. I want to record video continuous 24/7, but only do motion/trigger from 6PM-6AM every day. Im not getting the schedule concept, because it seems that I can't choose a profile for record, and a different profile for motion/trigger. And if I want to do a camera specific schedule override, that profile seems to only apply to 1 profile, and again cant choose different profiles for record and motion/trigger. I don't want to have to manually keep changing things every day at 6PM. Any suggestions are appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im a bit confused on scheduling. I want to record video continuous 24/7, but only do motion/trigger from 6PM-6AM every day. Im not getting the schedule concept, because it seems that I can't choose a profile for record, and a different profile for motion/trigger. And if I want to do a camera specific schedule override, that profile seems to only apply to 1 profile, and again cant choose different profiles for record and motion/trigger. I don't want to have to manually keep changing things every day at 6PM. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Do you still want to record 24/7 between 6 and 6 but also get alerts?

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, you need two profiles. Call one Alerts, the other NoAlerts. Both would have recording set to continuous. The Alerts profile would have motion sensor Enable selected. The NoAlerts profile would unselect motion sensor Enable. Then in BlueIris options schedule, create a profile change at 6am and 6pm, Alerts to NoAlerts, then NoAlerts to Alerts profile.

bigt11

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, you need two profiles. Call one Alerts, the other NoAlerts. Both would have recording set to continuous. The Alerts profile would have motion sensor Enable selected. The NoAlerts profile would unselect motion sensor Enable. Then in BlueIris options schedule, create a profile change at 6am and 6pm, Alerts to NoAlerts, then NoAlerts to Alerts profile.

Thanks for the advice. Im new, so whoever else stumbles on this post, here is what I did. I chose to do this on a specific camera, So everything was done in the camera settings

In the blue iris settings, I created 2 profiles, under the profiles tab I created one names Alerts, and one No Alerts.
Camera settings -> Schedule, check Override Global Schedule for this camera and check Also ignore manual global profile overrides
Camera settings -> Schedule, in select a profile to draw, select the No Alerts Profile and draw in the schedule Mon-Sun 6AM-6PM. Then Select the alerts profile and draw any remaining time that is not 6AM-6PM
Save settings - hit OK so the camera options close
Go back into camera settings -> Record tab , For both profiles, Video is checked and set to continuous, do any other settings you want on this tab. My alerts profile also has create alerts list images when triggered checked
Alerts Tab -> No Alerts Profile, I don't have any actions checked
Alerts Tab -> Alerts Profile, I have send an email message. Make sure you setup your smtp mail out settings
Motion Tab -> No Alerts Profile, Motion Sensor is not enabled.
Motion Tab -> Alerts Profile, Motion Sensor is enabled, set your object size and min contrast to what you want. My make time is 1, I am using mask and hotspot, you use what you want.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can leave motion detection enabled on the no alert profile, this will mark the timeline so you can easily find events.
Also, unless you only want these profiles for a single camera, you can simply set it up this way in the global schedule, no need to override.