Control WDR with HTTP API?

Reaction score
I'm new to cameras. I did some reading, learned a bit, and recently bought an IPC-T2431TM-AS-S2 from Andy. It is presently located on my property across the street from me hooked up through a POE switch to an old WRT54GL router running DD-WRT in bridge mode. Not the ideal situation, but this is temporary. This camera is many levels above what I was using before - a $25 Xaiomi with the Fang hack. My next camera will be a true Starlight model with a bigger sensor, but I'm impressed with this camera for the price.

I run Linux and am using Motion for capture. When/if I get more cameras I will set up a Windows box with Blue Iris, but for now this is working ok for my purposes. The WiFi signal is the weak point.

The camera captures the setting sun, which darkens what I want to see too much for a couple hours around dusk. I tried using WDR, which even turned way down does a decent job during the problematic hours. However, WDR reduces the image clarity, so I don't want to leave it on all the time. I'd like to have WDR turned on from, say 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. Is there a way to toggle WDR on and off using curl to send an http string? What is the syntax? Cron could run a script.

I'm using a schedule with separate day and night settings. There isn't much different between them. I mostly use the schedule to kick the camera into night mode because on auto there is enough lighting (barely) for it to remain in color all night. Color is nice, but I get better clarity in B&W. I still haven't decided which is better in this situation. I mention this in case the WDR toggle needs to be directed to either day or night mode.

wizwuz7

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, according to the dahua API manual, v1.67, page 19, this command, with '0' should turn WDR off and '1' should turn it on:
http://<ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=head.NightOptions.WideDynamicRangeMode=0