Controlling the frame per second of a recording

LAcams

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting a very low frames per second rate when recording. It is usually about 5 FPS.
I see settings for this but changing them makes no difference.

Can anyone explain how to do this.

I am running the latest 64 bit version (as of 8/13/2016), Win 10 64 bit, and record with no other programs running, just 2 cameras.

My cameras are model FI8905W from Foscam. The look fine in the web browser, and are using Ethernet - not wifi.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your cameras are likely not sending high frame rates... wifi?

LAcams

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. They run fine in a web browser, and use Ethernet - not wifi. I edited my post just now. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. They run fine in a web browser, and use Ethernet - not wifi. I edited my post just now. Thanks
The web browser uses a different protocol than the rtsp stream you are sending to I-Spy...what is your CPU usage? Did you check I-Spy settings to see if you are limiting frame rates?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That old foscam model is just 640x480 so it is probably only MJPEG over HTTP. In that case, the frame rate of the stream is not set in stone. Both the camera and ispy would have some amount of control over the frame rate.

pkbristol

n3wb
Reaction score
On each camera, select the edit icon, camera tab, maximum framerate (adjustable) and when recording (adjustable).

Paul.