Converting analog to IP

js61283

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an inexpensive PCI-E card or something I can use to host analog cameras in blue iris? We just leased a large building that already has several analog cameras on the outside. As much as I'd love to replace these with IP cameras, rewiring is just not an option. The DVR they are hooked to is busted. All the solutions I'm finding are $250 or more for just 4 cameras. Just hoping to find something more reasonable or a better solution altogether. The building is too large to mess with wifi cameras. Also, does anyone know what the heck this thing is? (picture below) I'm thinking maybe it's powering the analog cameras but I've never seen anything like it...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, its a power supply...
dont mess with overpriced cards...they have driver issues..
best solution is to run ethernet and replace the cameras with ip
otherwise, buy a dahua pentabrid DVR, that is backwards compatible with standard analog...then stream from the DVR to blue iris...this will also allow you to replace some/all of the cameras with HD-cvi cams.

js61283

n3wb
Reaction score
The pentabrid dvr looks like the perfect solution. Thank you! I think some of these cameras are HD-CVI already.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The pentabrid dvr looks like the perfect solution. Thank you! I think some of these cameras are HD-CVI already.
I highly doubt any of the cams are hd-cvi...the old DVR would have to support cvi....the current cams are likely unusable 540tvl or something similar.